PDA

View Full Version : 03 Technology

kenshireen
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Does this really make the sweetspot longer or is it just marketing puff.
I have been told that the racket strings move more due to the "O".
But when you examine the racket the strings are within grooves inside the "O" which hold them securely in place.
Does this technology really make a difference?

Fumoffu
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
There are tons of threads about this.. but yes, they do make a difference.

Jalapeno2006
04-14-2006, 06:45 PM
I own an 03 tour midsize, and yes, for a 95" head, it plays very forgivingly. I would highly recommend demoing either the MP of "MS" frames. I ended up liking it over comperable wilson and head models.

snoflewis
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
yes, the technology does make a big difference...however, for every advantage there is a flaw. the 03 tour provides a very comfortable and forgiving feel while producing great amounts of spin. however, this will increase string breakage. also, speaking hypothetically, since the strings move more, the racket itself won't flex as much, thus it wont be able to produce as much power as rackets w/ traditional grommets. i believe this may be an explanation to the 03 tour's lack of pop on serves. on the flip side, the racket is probably THE most aerodynamic racket out today :)

sureshs
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Heard this from a pro-shop guy today - he thinks O3 ports were actually designed to reduce manufacturing costs by doing away with the grommets!

J-man
04-15-2006, 07:48 PM
prince those cheap s:mrgreen: