PDA

View Full Version : fairway, balmforth leather

chiru
04-15-2006, 05:11 AM
im thinking about buying some fairway leather grips, they are 38.5 inches long. is that long enough to fit an ncode tour 90 handle?

joe gomes
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
These are the lenths of the Fairway grips.
Email me at joegomes@cox.net if you need more Info....Joe

FAIRWAY GRIP (2 HANDED) (50"x1") / BLACK
FAIRWAY GRIP (40.5"x1") TAN

chiru
04-17-2006, 03:17 AM
oh i guess its not a fairway then, but just a balmforth of england. does this fit on the tour 90 handle is what im wondering actually. 38.5 seemed a bit small, i'm afraid it might be designed for wood racket handles. the seller claims its from teh 70's so thats very possible. is there anywhere you can buy fairway grip retail?

Cruzer
04-18-2006, 11:53 AM
is there anywhere you can buy fairway grip retail?

Fairway grips have been out of production for a few years and are difficult to find. You may be able to find some if you search but be prepared to pay. Fortunately I stocked up and still have a bunch left.

PrestigeClassic
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM
oh i guess its not a fairway then, but just a balmforth of england. does this fit on the tour 90 handle is what im wondering actually. 38.5 seemed a bit small, i'm afraid it might be designed for wood racket handles. the seller claims its from teh 70's so thats very possible. is there anywhere you can buy fairway grip retail?

The seller claims the grip is from the 70's. Look no further for your answer.

I think someone told me that a 40x1" Fairway grip fit his Tour 90 handle; if that's correct, then I was probably surprised. It was probably a smaller grip size and not wrapped smooth. At any rate, the grip you mention is slightly shorter and probably more narrow. I still have about three new 40x1" tan Fairway grips that I'd like to sell.

chiru
04-19-2006, 08:11 AM
i know this probably belongs on the other section, but since you're already here. how much do you want for each? the question in my mind is will these actually fit the handle on the tour 90, i can see why you would've been surprised, that seems like something to fit on teh ps 6.0 or something with a smaller pallet. anyway thanks.

PrestigeClassic
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
i know this probably belongs on the other section, but since you're already here. how much do you want for each? the question in my mind is will these actually fit the handle on the tour 90, i can see why you would've been surprised, that seems like something to fit on teh ps 6.0 or something with a smaller pallet. anyway thanks.

Since you took the priveledge of asking on the board and not e-mailing, $100.00 per grip.

I do not recommend 40x1" grips for use on a long Tour 90 handle. I'm not sure about the other guy, but he could have used a small L2 grip size and wrapped with minimal overlap if that's what he liked.

Speaking of the 6.0 85, I think I've heard that these grips were intended for Wilson to use on the 6.0 85, but I'm not sure if I am to believe that, apart from these grips being of a similar size as some of the grips that were used on the older 6.0 85.

chiru
04-20-2006, 06:03 AM
100 sounds good...

chiru
04-20-2006, 06:04 AM
in any case if they dont fit my racket it seems they are alas of no use to me

sunmin77
04-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey, Chiru!

Are you seriously thinking about spending $100 on a fairway leather grip? I think that is a little high for just a grip.

NoBadMojo
04-20-2006, 07:35 AM
they havent made the Fairways in several years. Last time I saw some new, they were going for the 30 buck range. The length of the grip may not be the problem..they arent as wide.