View Full Version : applying overgrips...

04-15-2006, 11:28 AM
this was never explained properly to me... so here goes again..

what side do you put ON the racket, the side with the plastic, or the UNcovered side? let's assume this is a wilson pro pvergrip...

Aeropro joe
04-15-2006, 11:35 AM
the side that touches the rackett handle would be the uncovered side of the overgrip, the side with the plastic is what your hand touches, of course you remove this plastic before applying the overgrip. it is just to keep the overgrip clean, i think.

04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
with wilson pro, the side with the adhesive goes on the racquet. simple enough!

04-15-2006, 11:53 AM
hmmm... you and joe contradict each other...

04-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Really simple: The side that has the small piece of adhesive tape goes on the handle so you can regrip it more securely. Meaning that the side with the plastic is the side you are supposed to use. Funny thing both sides are practically the same, so everybody is right when the discussion is about Wilson Pro.

Aeropro joe
04-15-2006, 12:38 PM
hmmm... you and joe contradict each other...
no there is a difference between the adhesive and the clear piece of plastic, on some grips there is a small piece of adhesive, that goes on the handle, but on other overgrips such as tournagrip or gamma supreme the side with the clear plastic on it goes up

04-15-2006, 04:06 PM
joe and i were saying the same thing

04-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Here's how i do it:

If you're a righty, then you know you need to start wrapping with the racquet head facing "down" and the handle upwards, then when you take the overgrip and start wrapping it around (from "left" to "right", spinning the racquet clockwise from a birds eye view), the angle of the precut on the overgrip should allow for a neat uniform overlapping, if it doesn't, then your overgrip is inside out.


(hard to explain with words, but my camera doesn't work so it's the best i can do right now).

04-15-2006, 08:22 PM
this is very simple, the pro grip has a small sticker on the end, that faces down to stick to the under grip, i think wilson shouldput in light leter "this side down" i wonder how many players wonder the same

04-25-2006, 03:36 PM
wurd, both sides are practically the same thing(just put one on today, i was wondering the same thing until i found the adhesive)...so you would put the adhesive side onto the handle