PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most important factor in choosing an arm friendly racquet?

A-Train
04-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I have narrowed my search to two. Between O3 red and the Head liquidmetal instinct.

I am injury prone man and switching from wilson 3.6 which is know for not being arm-friendly.

The head is more flexible and heavier but higher swingweight, my question now is: if i have to choose between just these 2 racquets, which one will be more arm friendly. I wasn't able to find something that has all the favorable specs that i liked so, i have to sacrifice one factor. Swingweight or firmness?

Here are the specs:

PRINCE O3 RED
Head Size: 105
Length: 27.25
Weight: 10.5
Swingweight: 314
Stiffness: 68

HEAD LIQUIDMETAL INSTINCT:
Head Size: 100
Length: 27
Weight: 11.2
Swingweight: 329
Stiffness: 63

Court_Jester
04-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Go for lower stiffness. Personally, I'd never choose the O3 Red.

astra
04-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes, flexy frame is good. Recently switched from Wilson HPS 5.0 (stiffness 74, 5yrs playing+1x bad TE; before Wilson PSC6.1, stiffness 71 I think, 6 yrs playing + 1x bad TE also) to LM Prestige MP, which is opposite corner in terms of stiffness. After the 1st month I feel my elbow much, much better. However, a new stick must not be harmful for other parts (wrist, shoulder). Do not underestimate the grip setup, it is crucial for the wrist.
It is always better to demo before, I did not:D

louis netman
04-15-2006, 11:53 PM
I have narrowed my search to two. Between O3 red and the Head liquidmetal instinct.

I am injury prone man and switching from wilson 3.6 which is know for not being arm-friendly.

The head is more flexible and heavier but higher swingweight, my question now is: if i have to choose between just these 2 racquets, which one will be more arm friendly. I wasn't able to find something that has all the favorable specs that i liked so, i have to sacrifice one factor. Swingweight or firmness?

Here are the specs:

PRINCE O3 RED
Head Size: 105
Length: 27.25
Weight: 10.5
Swingweight: 314
Stiffness: 68

HEAD LIQUIDMETAL INSTINCT:
Head Size: 100
Length: 27
Weight: 11.2
Swingweight: 329
Stiffness: 63

Just wondering what sort of evaluation strategy you used in coming up with your choices...???

Arm friendly: over 11 oz, no stiffer than 65, over 95" head size...
BTW, Instinct is not 63RDC... feels more like 65/66 due to shorter rebound time of metallic composition...

Marius_Hancu
04-16-2006, 05:03 AM
O3 Red definitely isn't arm friendly--too stiff and light. Several reports here on these forum.

FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=58089