PDA

View Full Version : Thrive II's

jings
03-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Anybody got any feedback on the updated version. My #1's are drawing to a close after a very happy time and am happy to get the next version if they are broadly the same ...? Many thanks.

Ferdi
03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
jings,
I much prefer the fit and feel of the original. I tried them both on, and the IIs just didn't feel as good. The outside edge of the forefoot is beefed up in the IIs and it rubbed my feet. Not sure if this would go away after break-in, but the originals don't have that problem to start with, so for me the original is the better fit. Apart from that the IIs felt pretty good, just not as well suited to my feet.

Pikey

SweetladyJoe
03-07-2004, 07:27 PM
The Thrive II's are supposed to be tight fitting when you first get them. They are also about a half size small too. These are the newer version. The older versions have stopped being manufactured so, the tightness you are feeling on the new shoes should go away after you play in them awhile. Everybody likes the original, I know I do. But manufacturers will constantly be updating the technology of favorite products so we just gotta roll with the flow of it and kinda find new things. Change is hard, but these shoes should eventually come to fit you the way that you can come to accept. I hope.....Good luck!

SweetladyJoe
03-07-2004, 07:30 PM
But other than that these are extremely good shoes. High quality and basically the same construction as the original version. I'd say go with what has been working.

Happy Shoe Hunting!