PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 Racquet Bag Dilemma

AUGUSTA
04-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I want a small bag for my two racquets + balls, etc. and like backpack straps for the bike ride; and I hate the pair of carry straps that straddle a zipper and velcroe together. Well, you can't have everything. How 'bout the Adidas Tour 3-Racquet bag that has some sort of extra stap tucked away (per TW description) that turns it into a backpack. Anyone seen one in the flesh or have one? I may just order the thing but I can't believe with all the bags out there this is only consideration.
ps I'm an old man and my freinds say I'll look stupid/gay with a back pack style racquet bag like high school teenager's enjoy. I might say screw it and not bag at all. Nothing's more fun than showing up in a ragged shirt with a single racquet without even a cover and winning, then walking off while the opponent gathers up his huge bag o' stuff.

vkartikv
04-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Backpacks are more for the beginners/people who play for fun. They can hold one racquet and even with that you will have the handle sticking out.

You should either get a 3 racquet bag or carry a backpack for your non-tennis stuff and use a slazenger bag which can really accomodate 2-3 racquets. Let me know if you decide to go with the latter, I have a few of those lying around that I can let you have as long as you cover mailing costs.

AUGUSTA
04-17-2006, 08:19 AM
That sounds good, vkarticv. Thank you. Should you e-mail me an address for me to send payment and shipping address?

vkartikv
04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
vkartikv@yahoo.com. All I need is for you to cover shipping, the bag is really beautiful in case you havent seen it.

Skppr05
04-21-2006, 09:58 AM
the adidas bag your talking about, one of the kids on my tennis team has it. It's quite small and i'm pretty sure you can use on a bike comfortably

nocab
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
check out the tecnifibre 3 racquet bag on TW, i've never seen one in person but i think thats what your looking for, a 3 racquet bag with backpack straps.

dakels
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
I use the prince 03 6 racquet bag with shoulder straps. There are few 3 racquet bags with backpack style dual shoulder straps. I only know of this one.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGADIDAS-ATRBS.html

gully
04-23-2006, 05:32 AM
I have the adidas bag you mention -- only since January. I like it fine. The handle system on top seems a little oddly designed, but the backpack straps work fine. The bag's big enough for a change of clothes, water, and shoes with just two rackets in it, so it works for me. There's a small rip in the mesh outside pocket already, so that looks a little underdesigned to me.

All told, I'm pretty satisfied. Traditional looks, good sizing for single match play (I have to change at the courts, typically), decent price, backpack straps for bike riding.

AUGUSTA
04-23-2006, 07:28 AM
thank you, gully. The odd carry handle does not show up in the tw picture wee; due to all black color. would you care to describe?

gully
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
well, there's two small separate handle straps, one on each side of the zippered racket pouches, which are bound together by a velcro clasp thingy.

sorr, but i'm not sure how much help that poor description might have been. all i can conclude is that the design seems odd to me, but it doesn't bother me a bit.

just got back from riding bike to the courts using the backpack straps for the first time (waiting for warm weather here in wisconsin). they work just fine, and I carried three rackets, a towel, balls, caps, an extra shirt, no problem, with plenty of room for more.

AUGUSTA
04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Gully: perfect description. Thanks again.