PDA

View Full Version : New Balance 1000's

kreative
03-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Any feedback on the New Balance 1000's? Seems like a comfortable shoe w/ good traction, and breatheable upper.

currently wearing: barricade II's. comparison and thoughts appreciated.

Hawaii 5.0
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Great shoe,much lower toe box, than the boxy 652's or 801's with an excellent tread pattern(best in the business).It gets pretty dirty on clay, but is supportive and soft.It could use more heel counter.It's got one of the best cushioning system's SBS Absorb in key areas.Not too great for durability or toe durability, but despite it's stiff sole flex it's comfortable,breathable and very well designed.The new 1001's will be out soon, but they look to have changed the tread pattern and upper design sligthly while altering the SBS absorb locations slightly too.Still a good shoe and I'm sure they woudlnt' change a good thing too much.

LittleMAC
03-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I actually recieved mine yesterday afternoon and got to hit with them for a couple of hours. Walking to the courts they felt stiff, but when I started to run around in them, they felt great. The traction is amazing! They are lower than a lot of other shoes, but suprisingly it gave a lot of support. I look forward to playing with these shoes more!

@wright
03-02-2004, 07:14 AM
They killed my toes the first time I wore them, then they were soft and EXTREMELY comfortable every session after that. i guess they just needed breaking in. A great shoe.

ClemsonTennis9
03-18-2004, 08:53 AM
this was a great shoe. it felt great right out of the box and it lasted about 4-5 months then i sent them back because they have a warranty for six months and i got a free pair

30 - 15 is my ad
04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Add the Dr Scholls Gel inserts to the New Balance 1000's and you will be happy... I did NOT remove the original inserts as I usually do, because the footbed is rather unique, and this combination has relieved the heel pain I have been experiencing.