PDA

View Full Version : Ball Machine

Wtitanium
04-18-2006, 12:02 PM
I am looking for a cheap ball machine (under 500 dollars) and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations. I have found a few, but I'm not really sure which ones would be most reliable and what not.

Fatmike
04-18-2006, 12:16 PM
I bought a Little Prince and it's very good.

mac777daddy
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Try ****...

Jason Chen
05-07-2006, 09:11 PM
try the Silent Partner ULTRA LITE. $599
http://www.sptennis.com/ballmachines.asp

Electronic speed control: 15 mph to 95 mph
Electronic spin control: Topspin to backspin
Electronic feed control: Full Stop to Rapid Fire
Manual elevation: Drive to lob
Ball capacity: 200

Court_Jester
05-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Keep in mind that the Ultra Lite model has no oscillation mode.

Barbara
05-14-2006, 08:11 PM
What is the best ball machine under $1000? I am looking at the Lobster Elite 1 and the Tennis Tutor. Does anyone have these machines

Barbara
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I am new to this website. How do you make a new thread?

Court_Jester
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I am new to this website. How do you make a new thread?
On each section, you will see "Thread Starter" at the top of the thread list or "New Thread" at the bottom. Click either one to start a new thread.

wfudeac
05-15-2006, 05:50 AM
I am very pleased with my Wilson portable...There are infinite types of shots you can work on with it, the speed is good and the battery lasts forever...I've used it 4 or 5 times over the past week and it still hasn't run down. The only downside is that the handle doesn't extend, so you have to lean over to cart it around.

Barbara
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
When I place my "mouse" over "thread starter"/"new thread," I am unable to click on it. It only shows the arrow on the item...not the hand. I can reply to threads but am unable to start any. Do you have any other suggestions.
Thanks!

Barbara
05-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I purchased a Wilson Portable and just returned it. I think mine had a defect because the ball speed would not get to 70mph. I would be shocked if it clocked 50mph.

Also, the transporting was diffucult because the handle didn't extend.

I am glad that yours is working well for you. I wish mine had...it would have saved me $30 in return shipping fees.

Court_Jester
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
When I place my "mouse" over "thread starter"/"new thread," I am unable to click on it. It only shows the arrow on the item...not the hand. I can reply to threads but am unable to start any. Do you have any other suggestions.
Looks like I made a maistake about the "Thread Starter" thing. Sorry! Instead, click on "New Thread" at the end of each thread listing. That should work.

simi
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I am very pleased with my Wilson portable...There are infinite types of shots you can work on with it, the speed is good and the battery lasts forever...I've used it 4 or 5 times over the past week and it still hasn't run down. The only downside is that the handle doesn't extend, so you have to lean over to cart it around.

Agree! Underspin, topspin, fast, slow, lob, etc. Battery is like the Energizer Bunny . . . it lasts, and lasts, and lasts . . .

You're right about the handle. Sux! And worse on mine, one of the wheels fell off last time I used the machine. Now I have to carry the stupid thing from the car to the court. Factory is somewhat local, so I'll take it back and get another wheel, or else just get larger wheels from Home Depot. Will also see if I can get a folding handle like on the Tennis Tutor Jr. Will only need the drilling of a few holes. Want to check with Sports Tutor first to make sure the interior bolts don't affect any of the mechinism.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with mine.

mac777daddy
05-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Get a Tennis Tutor + Player.