PDA

View Full Version : Should I cut out the strings of the racquets in my closet?

Shane Reynolds
06-26-2004, 07:59 PM
I have many racquets that I no longer actively use. I have tried to sell them but either no one is interested or I get ridiculous offers on them. In any event, if they're not going to be used for a while, should I cut out the strings? Should I do anything else to the racquets for storage? They will be in a climate-controlled closet in my house.

PHSTennis
06-26-2004, 11:55 PM
If your just going to store it just cut the strings off... no need for the stress on the racquet, by the time you use it the string will die anyways... ;)

PrestigeClassic
06-27-2004, 04:21 AM
No, the real damage occured when you strung them in the first place, bone head. Cutting the strings will help very little.

PHSTennis
06-27-2004, 12:32 PM
HAHA! Well its just going to sit there... lol why have strings giving stress on the racquet lol I have a stringer so putting new strings cost me 2 dollars :) I can cut off and string everyday :)

Gaines Hillix
06-27-2004, 02:07 PM
If the strings are sound(no broken ones), there is no reason to cut them out. Nothing wrong with doing it either.

Eug
06-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I believe strings can just sit there for a period of time and not die if properly stored.