PDA

View Full Version : Do shock absorbing replacements grips work?

chowdhurynaveen
04-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Hello everybody, hows everyone doing?!

I got a question, I was looking to make my racquet the most comfortable it can be. I am already using and ultra "elbow friendly" multi string, with a mildly flexy racquet. One of my freinds told me to also try a shock absorbing replacement grip like prince air cushion fit or head hydrosorb. I dont mind thick or cushy grips, just wanted to hear what ya'll think, does it make any difference?

I would greatly appreciate your input and knowledge, thanx everyone!

Master Trader
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
I use a Gamma replacement grip and I find that it absorbs some of the shock off miss hit balls as compared to leather grips. So to me there is a difference. The problem is that they don't generally last very long and to be replaced regularly.

chowdhurynaveen
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, iver heard that about gamma grips, im thinking about trying that prince cushion fit, heard alot of great reviews about it.

Thank you so much for your input master trader!

Midlife crisis
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I got a Prince Cushion Air grip on the racquet I just bought. It is too tacky for my tastes, and made it hard for me to switch grips quickly. I normally use the Duratred, which is still more than grippy enough but not sticky.

As for the comfort, it does take a bit off the edge of impact vibration, but unless it's wrapped tight, it also felt like it was squirming around when I swung really hard, like on a serve. I don't think it affected my serve accuracy much if at all, but it didn't feel as secure in initiating the swing.

chowdhurynaveen
04-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Duratred huh, i gotta give that one a try. Does any one know anything about hydrosorb, and wether it does that squirming thing?

Thanks for the input midlife!