PDA

View Full Version : i prestige Mid Plus & Tour 90, Can't decide!

danieljss
03-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Hello

I used the PS 6.0 85 for 3 or 4 yeas then switched to the i prestige mid plus and as i suspected it was more forgiving and easier to play with. However i gave in to temptation and have recently purchased a tour 90 - i had to see what its like. I've played with it a few times with the factory strings and have to admit i like it, but i'm not sure i like it more than the prestige. It's got a different balance point to the prestige which i think suits my swing better, particularly off the forhand side, i seem to be able to get more "hook" and better angles without really trying too hard. I have a traditional eastern grip so hit quite flat shots although can also generate reasonable amounts of top. What i don't like about the 90 is the long handle, feels odd, although i may just get used to it.

so i'm now left with 1 tour 90 and 1 i prestige (one broke recently). Do i get a 2nd tour 90 or i prestige? Not sure if anyone can provide any help on this, buy i had to let off some steam!

cheers

dan

Hawaii 5.0
03-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I say T90 becuase imo it's a better stick, it's cheaper and isn't about to get dc'd like the IPrestige.

Since you hit flatter I say IPrestige, but since they are both good sticks and you can't go wrong with either I say it's a toss up.

kreative
03-02-2004, 10:55 AM
i'd go w/ iprestige, but since you seem to like them both, keep playing w/ both of them, and see which one you end up liking better.

Koz
03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Have you tried the I Prestige Mid? Dreamy racquet

Flatspin
03-02-2004, 05:21 PM
The i Prestige mid ...... better comparison with the Tour 90. The i Prestige mid ...... very nice!

danieljss
03-03-2004, 02:35 AM
ok, played with the tour 90 last night and have totally gone off it. I've come to the conclusion its too unforgiving. If i'm not totally on my game 100% and feeling good its just to difficult to use. I also noticed that it started to feel heavy and therefore difficult to move around quickly for vollying and smashes. The i prestige mid plus is more friendly and will be kind if i'm not 100% on my game.

now stuck with a raquet i don't want! Help!

VJH
03-03-2004, 05:50 AM
I've never hit with the iPrestige, but switched from a babolat PC (2001) to a PS Tour 90 last April. I was looking for a heavy stick that I wouldn't have to customize. I've found it difficult to make 2 rackets feel identical if excessive customization is needed. At first, I didn't like the Tour 90 at all. I found it unforgiving and the balance point was so different from the Pure Control. I stuck with it though because I didn't want to see my $149 flushed down the toilet. It took about a month, but I soon started to really enjoy playing with the Tour 90. It was like something just clicked one day when I went out on the court. I have 5 of them now (I don't like to have to string them that often). The other funny thing is that now that I am used to the stick's weight, I am considering adding some lead tape to make them a little heavier. I believe that you should play with the heaviest stick you can wield without feeling fatigued......

I just don't think that you can get the feel of the Tour 90 after a few demo sessions....I have to admit that there was a psychological draw to using the Tour 90 as well. Everyone talks about it being very demanding. At some level of consciousness, I guess I conviced myself that if I could become proficient with one of the more demanding sticks out there, I must be getting better....Oh, the tricks the mind is capable of.