PDA

View Full Version : i actually prefer...

tennis_nerd22
04-23-2006, 12:48 PM
the babolat pro team overgrip over wilson pro. after hearing all the bad reviews about the babolat, i didnt buy it, but i got so fed up with the fact of how dirty the white wilson pro would get, that at my local shop, i got the babolat overgrips (they didnt have the wilson's in colours, otherwise i would've gotten them most likely). but im happy i got the babolat ones, they have a completely different feel from the wilson, not as tacky, but it feels a lot nicer. wilson pro's were almost giving me blisters, until they were nice for a couple of days, but then as brown as a piece of **** cuz i was on clay courts. the wilson pro's might be better for hard courts, cuz of a lot less dirt, but i still prefer the babolat. of course, i might change my mind once i try supergraps in 2 weeks :mrgreen:

munk3y
04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
The babolat pro team overgrip has a dryer feel than the Wilson Pro Overgrip. Its more for sweaty hands. I have dry hands and I tried out the babolat pro team overgrip (leather base grip) and I found that the grip was starting the come off. I believe that if your hands are sweaty, it will cause the grip to become more tacky.
This grip has a similar feel to the Klip Python Blue (super drying), which is wierd because the grip is white. :S

Saito
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I use Wilson Pro Overgrip... but I used to use that Babolat pro team overgrip you are using now. Here's why I changed: I don't know about you, but when I play I sweat like an animal. I was using a BPD at the time with the Babo grip, and I went for an overhead. The racquet slipped from my grip and smashed onto the court. Long story short, that was the end of that racquet. Ever since, I switched to Pro Overgrip and that has never happened again, regardless of how sweaty my palms get. But this is in my case, not yours. Just sharing my experience.:)

The babolat pro team overgrip has a dryer feel than the Wilson Pro Overgrip. Its more for sweaty hands. I have dry hands and I tried out the babolat pro team overgrip (leather base grip) and I found that the grip was starting the come off. I believe that if your hands are sweaty, it will cause the grip to become more tacky.
This grip has a similar feel to the Klip Python Blue (super drying), which is wierd because the grip is white. :S

read above... saw your post after I posted..

tennis_nerd22
04-23-2006, 01:16 PM
thats weird, because when i use the wilson pro, my hands sweat, but not as much as my arms and head, but the wilson started to slip, and got dirty way too fast (probably the clay court). babolat pro is definitely drier and less tacky, but it has this unique feel that i cant explain which i love :) ill have to test it out in a more longer and heated match outdoors, so ill definitely get back to you about the sweat absorbing thing saito 8)

Sixpointone
04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
That is a good post Tennis Nerd.

It also goes to show that although reviews and feedback can be helpful, there is no real substitute for firsthand experience.

I am glad you found an Overgrip that you are pleased with.

tennis_nerd22
04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
That is a good post Tennis Nerd.

It also goes to show that although reviews and feedback can be helpful, there is no real substitute for firsthand experience.

I am glad you found an Overgrip that you are pleased with.

LOL thanks :)

even though i found it by complete fluke, but oh well, im happy