PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick's inside-out forehand

gofederer
03-02-2004, 07:22 AM
http://busanopen.org/Wmv/other/siebelopen_02.wmv

Shaolin
03-02-2004, 08:22 AM
thanx. Ive heard a lot about Kendrick but Ive never seen him hit.

CBodom
03-02-2004, 08:46 AM
nice he sure disguised it well

borisboris
03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
I was fortunate to watch him when he played fo the Uni. of WA in the late 90's. He really has grown and added pwr. It's great to see a kid mature into a man on the ATP tour, it seems to humble all.

@wright
03-02-2004, 09:28 AM
His forehand looks like a better version of Roddick's, retaining the high elbow take back and explosive "throwing" motion. Kendrick's looks much more fluid and controlled. His arm probably won't fly off into the stands unlike someone else's.

irishbanger
03-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I saw him play doubles yesterday with Ginepri and he looked impressive on one point, their opponents hit 7 staight powerful shots right at him and he singlehandedly won the point (had to be there). They ended up losing and being bagled in the second set. Of all the guys that you've never heard of that are at the Scottsdale tournament, the one to watch in my opinon is Travis Parrott. He's Gambill's doubles partner, but I think he'll be big. Strong work ethic---he just wanders around the practice courts looking to hit. Was working hard for 3 hours! I know Alex Correja is past his prime, but Parrott just slaughtered him in their practice games.
Thomas Johanssen looks bad and probably won't be on radar screen anymore.
You really have to see Roddicks serve in person to believe it. I was standing at the back of the fence when he was serving to Ancic in practice, and he aced Ancic and it hit the fence right in front of me and if that fence wasn't there and the ball had hit my chest, all electric activity in my heart would have stopped. His second serve would be harder for me to return. You can't see this on tv, but the damned thing bounced head high after it hits the court. Ancic is tall and was taking it at his choulders---my head!
Watching these guys in person one thing really stands out---they are monster quick on the court! They know where the next ball is going before the opponent even hits it. You expect the power, but the quickness is astonishing.

Fee
03-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey there.

Thanks for the info from Scottsdale. The media reports have been so lame, it's almost like the tournament is not happening. I agree with your comments about Robert and Travis (who are also both decent guys off court). I haven't seen Travis play singles, but I love to watch him play doubles with JMG. Travis is fearless and he really gets JMG fired up (I spoke to TP in San Jose and told him he was a b@d ***** on court and he seemed to like that characterization). Some people seem to think Robert is getting old in tennis years, but he still loves to play and still wants to improve. I'm most impressed that he has decent movement for such a big guy. Hopefully, I'll see both of them play again this year.

Ben42
03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I saw the Corretja-Authors match and Corretja just didn't seem to care. He hit a few terrific shots, but mostly he just seemed to have a "well, I'll just go for contant winners and hope they go in" attitude. He got crushed.

Ginepri, Blake, and Verkerk looked good against guys they simply outclassed.

How in the world did Thomas Johansson ever win a Grand Slam event? He looks like he's trying, but he's just not very good.

Best match I saw was Cecil Mamiit beating Jean Rene Lisnard 6-0/4-6/6-3. Great wheels. Ran down everything. Some long clay like slides that I thought would blow out a knee. Lot's of crowd energy on the smaller court.

Fliparoni
07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
It's a shame that he's now getting banned for a year. We won't be able to witness his stunning inside-out forehand for awhile :(