PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Dura Guard

Ripper
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm looking for a head protective tape that has no brands and/or logos (nothing at all) printed on it. This one would work for me, IF it is 100% transparent, as it seems to be. Anyone here knows for sure? Any other opinions regarding the same, would be appreciated, too. Thanks.

Ripper
04-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm looking for a head protective tape that has no brands and/or logos (nothing at all) printed on it. This one would work for me, IF it is 100% transparent, as it seems to be. Anyone here knows for sure? Any other opinions regarding the same, would be appreciated, too. Thanks.

Looks 100% transparent, with nothing printed, from this pic:

http://206.210.94.83/assets/product_additional/AGDG_additional.gif

So, I went on and ordered the stuff. Only concern now is how much it weighs and how well it sticks. Hope it's as light and sticks as well as Gamma's normal black head tape (which I'm sure is a completely different material). I'll report on this later, just in case someone's interested (eventhough, I feel people here don't use this kind of tape much).

goober
04-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I tried it. I thought the amount of stick was fine. It wasn't very durable though. When you try to take it off little pieces of the tape seem to adhere.

thomas martinez
04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
It sticks almost TOO well. i HATE head tapes, especially from a service position. That stuff sticks to the racquet then sticks to your machine, not to mention trying to get it off the damn racquet half the time. In this day and aage with replaceable bumpers, not sure why anyone uses this stuff.

Ripper
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
In this day and aage with replaceable bumpers, not sure why anyone uses this stuff.

I've never had to replace any bumpers/grommets (*), but I've heard it's a pain in the rear end.

Edit: (*) I wonder why? ;)