PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference in feel between Yonex Super Grap overgrip colors?

EclipseRydr97
04-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I tried the black one and I got blisters, felt somewhat too tacky for me. I think I used the white one a few years ago, and I really liked it, but I can't remember if they were the same tackiness, though I've read some that say yes and some no.

So is there a difference between the black and white Yonex Super Grap Overgrip?

Duzza
04-27-2006, 12:36 AM
highly doubt it they wouldnt bother confusing us but just used the coloured ones who wants black these days

LowProfile
04-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Uh...supposedly some say that the colored Yonex Super Grap feel different than the white.

However, I have heard from everyone that has tried the colored Wilson Pro that all the colors of that feel identical.

byealmeens
04-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Obviously, we're talking about small differences here, but in my opinion there is a noticeable difference. My understanding is that in order to "color" the grips, Yonex puts them through some type of bleaching process. For this reason, the colored versions feel slightly different, and seem not as durable as the white. I thought this was the same for the Wilson Pro grips, but I've never tried them in any color other than white. The Super Grap I've used a lot, and now, I only buy the white.

devilish_duke
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I was told that the white color was the tackiest.

EliteNinja
04-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Lime green sucks bigtime. Poor durability, no tack.
White has pretty good tack, but I haven't really used it for long.
Yellow dies pretty fast.
Dark green isn't too bad.

I like Orange the best, best durability and tack of the ones I've tried.

Those are the ones I've tried.

zAllianceBmx
04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Lime green sucks bigtime. Poor durability, no tack.
White has pretty good tack, but I haven't really used it for long.
Yellow dies pretty fast.
Dark green isn't too bad.

I like Orange the best, best durability and tack of the ones I've tried.

Those are the ones I've tried.

i agree with limegreen sucks. i practically gave them away.

i find white to have better durability than orange. i rip up orange faster than white. both have a good amount of tack but i think white is just a smidge better.

anonymous2364
05-02-2006, 05:30 PM
no but try the neon-rainbow one

tennisadict
05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
the white one is the best among all of them

EliteNinja
05-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I just tried dark blue. I liked it more than blue.

tonysk83
05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I bought a roll of pink ones, no one else is man enough to have tried the pink ones.;)

Mugatu
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
use signum pro o/grips... the best

brucie
05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Technically no there shouldn't be there the sasme grip but apparantly white is preferred with pros as no dye is needed or less or whatever, I use what looks good providing feel is alright

tonysk83
05-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh man, got my yonex grips on friday, talk about awesome. I have the orange on one racquet right now. Cusioned, pretty thin, and very tacky. Still have to try out the white and pink though.