PDA

View Full Version : Transaction with ASK1ED: terrible

psp2
04-26-2006, 07:54 PM
buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i purchased 2 yamaha secret 04 from jeff, and BOTH have frame damages that he did not disclose. i tried to resolve this purchase with him on the phone with him and he hung up.

what a low-life.

snoflewis
04-26-2006, 08:41 PM
buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i purchased 2 yamaha secret 04 from jeff, and BOTH have frame damages that he did not disclose. i tried to resolve this purchase with him on the phone with him and he hung up.

what a low-life.

sorry about this experience, but we cant really judge until we hear his side of the story. on a side note, he hasnt been posting much either.

psp2
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
sorry about this experience, but we cant really judge until we hear his side of the story. on a side note, he hasnt been posting much either.

i'm sure he has his side of the story. but, he did not fully disclose the nature of the frames AND misrepresented the condition of the racquets.

caveat emptor, indeed. i should have requested hi-res photos (in hindsight), but didn't based on the description he gave.

i can live with the above; however, his response and his attitude after the sale really showed his character as a seller and a person. he hung up the phone on me...twice! ...not an adult-like behaviour IMHO.

oh well, life will go on as planned here.

[/rant]

snoflewis
04-26-2006, 10:40 PM
i'm sure he has his side of the story. but, he did not fully disclose the nature of the frames AND misrepresented the condition of the racquets.

caveat emptor, indeed. i should have requested hi-res photos (in hindsight), but didn't based on the description he gave.

i can live with the above; however, his response and his attitude after the sale really showed his character as a seller and a person. he hung up the phone on me...twice! ...not an adult-like behaviour IMHO.

oh well, life will go on as planned here.

[/rant]

yeah...sorry this has happened...but ALWAYS ask for pictures. we'll see if he posts here w/ his side of the story. btw, did you check his references on these boards?

psp2
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
yeah...sorry this has happened...but ALWAYS ask for pictures. we'll see if he posts here w/ his side of the story. btw, did you check his references on these boards?

yes. i saw one reference post, and it was positive.

during the negotiations, i spoke to him directly which is always a good sign for me.

during our conversation, he NEVER mentioned to me that he modified the grommets for the Secret frames. i would have never agreed to the purchase if i would have known that since replacing Secret grommets is quite expensive and procuring them is equally difficult.

it's in the past now, but i wanted to pass along my negative experience with Jeff Williams aka ASK1ED from northern california.

mctennis
04-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Trouble with pictures is that they can be just out of focus or not close enough to get the real condition of the frames. That and they can be taken to hide certain defects. So don't depend entirely on what the pics show you.

vkartikv
04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Has he offered a compensation? Any time someone tells me that the racquet I sent them was not what I had described it to be (rarely happens) I just offer a compensation, I don't even ask questions.

psp2
05-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Has he offered a compensation? Any time someone tells me that the racquet I sent them was not what I had described it to be (rarely happens) I just offer a compensation, I don't even ask questions.

he offered some strings he had when i initially called him. i asked for a refund of the racquets' price (minus his shipping cost), and i would ship them back at my cost (naturally). this is the point where he hung up the phone! in my justification, few $ worth of strings was not going to compensate for the racquets that i no longer wanted.

he also "justified" his position by telling me that i got new overgrips (whooopie!!), 12" pieces of babolat head tape on the used racquets (whoooopie again), an emailed .pdf of Insider Tennis Strategies (which i didn't even ask for) and a single 15' of Prince Response 16g string that he threw in when i purchased 2 sets of strings from him (in a different transaction).

overall, it seemed very clear to me that he was glad to be rid of the 2 racquets and in no way he wanted to take back the damaged goods, for he sold them to me by misrepresenting the actual condition.

again, the transaction left a very bad taste with me. i would never treat a buyer the way he did.