PDA

View Full Version : Who to contact about internet fraud.??

Jonas
04-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Posted this over in the rants and raves, but figured this is the appropriate section for it. I've got the guy's address, phone number, and emails to back up my claims. I just need a little info so maybe I can scare him into doing what is right and then if he doesn't I will follow through with it.
thanks for your help.

racingdad23
04-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Internet Fraud Complaint Center http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Steve Huff
04-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Post his name and address. Maybe someone here lives near him.

Jonas
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys,
I'll give you the scenario and please tell me if I am being un-reasonable.
I won't be specific, but you will get the picture.
I sent this guy money for something he was custome creating for me the first week of January.
We exchanged emails on and off for a month or so about the project. By the beginning of Febraury I had stopped hearing from him altogether.
After not hearing from him for a while I posted an add looking for him on the message board concerning where he was.
He emailed me the next day and was very nice, but explained that his grilfriend was diagnosed with cancer and that he was busy, but would still finish my project. I then didn't hear from him for another month.
He emails me 2 weeks ago and lets me know that my project is complete and that he will send it out immediatly. It has now been 2 weeks and he will not respond to any of my calls or emails. I don't believe that he is scamming me, but I just think he is extremely flaky and irresponsible.
I understand he is having some problems right now, but if this was me, I would have simply called or let someone know about the situation I was in instead of just shutting down the lines of communication untill I was hunted down. Furthermore, there are a couple other people who are still looking for their goods, from last year from him.
Should I file a claim on him, or just continue to wait? I think I have been more than patient and reasonable, but I don't want to make his life harder on him than it already is.
Thanks,