PDA

View Full Version : i.Tour vs PD+

TennisGuy06
06-28-2004, 11:31 AM
How does the PD+ compare to the i.Tour power wise?

TripleThreatPlayer
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
I have only demoed the Babolat PD for an hour (which isn't enough to make a through comparison), but I do use the Surge, which is quite similar to the Babolat. When I demoed the I.Tour I expected a bells and whistles Light players racquet like the surge. I was wrong, I found the Box Grip to be uncomfortable (for my eastern-semiwestern grip), and the racquet lacked pop/punch. The power wasnt abundent (which is good for self generating), and it felt a bit heftier than I thought it would be. On off center shots I found the eyedrop shape to be pretty forgiving. Overall I guess its ok for its cheap price, its pretty much preference, but I never got the feel for this racquet. The surge felt alot more solid, and comfortable.

d wayne
06-29-2004, 06:04 AM
I have used the i Tour for almost 2 years. Before that I had hit with demos of both the Surge and PD(standard length). The PD played a bit heavier, but I did not get a consistent response on my shots. Never felt like I had good control or feel with the PD. I guess that would improve after using it a bit. The Surge also was inconsistent to me. Same stroke produced very different results. I never got a feel for this racquet. The iTour does not stand out in any area, but it has enough power(I am 4.0 player, but not a real big hitter) and provides good feel/control. With the iTour, I know when I have hit the ball well or not. The iTour is well worth a demo, especially at its current price. By the way, I hit with the Instinct recently and did not get the same feel with it

Bhagi Katbamna
06-29-2004, 06:07 PM
The iTour is supposed to have the same power as the iRadical. Head indicates that they both have similar characteristics for similar players.