PDA

View Full Version : Clean Tennis Balls

Topherstein
04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
IS there anyway to clean tennis balls?

wyutani
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
i tried washing once, then it turned moldy and black and brown and dirty (you know what i mean?)...try wipping it with a towel...normally i will throw mine away....

Davai
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Is there a way to erase pen marks from paper?

Topherstein
04-29-2006, 08:39 PM
...that is completely irellivent.

SFrazeur
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM
No its not, he's using an analogy.

Topherstein
04-29-2006, 08:52 PM
First, with certain pens it is possible to erase pen marks from paper.
Secondly, paper and a pen is a hell of a lot different than a tennis ball and dirt.
I didn't ask for an anology, I asked for an answer to my question.

Thanks.

Davai
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
First, with certain pens it is possible to erase pen marks from paper.
Secondly, paper and a pen is a hell of a lot different than a tennis ball and dirt.
I didn't ask for an anology, I asked for an answer to my question.

Thanks.

There is a way to clean pen marks from paper just like there is a way to clean tennis balls. But just as in the case of paper is it worth the time and effort?

snoflewis
04-29-2006, 09:12 PM
there's always white-out :)

Topherstein
04-29-2006, 09:17 PM
exactly, when you make an anology, there's always a way to be a smartass.

Davai
04-29-2006, 09:22 PM
exactly, when you make an anology, there's always a way to be a smartass.

Did you just call me a smartass?
"What was that, No I'm not sinking to that level."

snoflewis
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
just wondering, why do you need to clean them?

Topherstein
04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I got around 60 tennis balls for $2. Some of them are just dirty and I was just trying to see if there was anyway to clean them.

Topherstein
04-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Did you just call me a smartass?
"What was that, No I'm not sinking to that level."

You said that yourself. Were you trying to be a smartass?

Roffey
04-30-2006, 07:02 PM

Actually, I'd say he was trying to be helpful and you were being a jackass. That's just my opinion though.

Andy Hewitt
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Quit being angry cuz u didn't get the analogy.

Skppr05
04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
geez everyone chill. the guy was just looking for an answer to his question and got an analogy instead, not what he was looking for. Maybe he needed the answer ASAP because his time is limited and wanted to know. No need for everyone to jump on the guy. To answer topherstiens question - no there isn't a way to clean tennis balls effectively w/o making them worse. hopes this helps
-skip

Topherstein
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
geez everyone chill. the guy was just looking for an answer to his question and got an analogy instead, not what he was looking for. Maybe he needed the answer ASAP because his time is limited and wanted to know. No need for everyone to jump on the guy. To answer topherstiens question - no there isn't a way to clean tennis balls effectively w/o making them worse. hopes this helps
-skip

THANK YOU! I will just play with dirty tennis balls.

Quit being angry cuz u didn't get the analogy.

There is more than one way to interpret an analogy.

Actually, I'd say he was trying to be helpful and you were being a jackass. That's just my opinion though.

How was he helping by throwing out an analogy? Then telling me there was a way to clean tennis balls. Keyword "a way", he didn't tell me which way. That doesn't help, I'm sorry. If you still consider me a jackass, I don't care.

deehacker2005
04-30-2006, 08:14 PM
gotta have clean balls, girls don't like to play w/ the dirty ones.........lol

fallen.
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
power to the people!

2$ for 60 tennis balls??? where'd you find a deal like that? are they good?

Topherstein
04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
A beautiful thing called garage sales in Orange County.

Nuke
05-01-2006, 05:27 AM
A beautiful thing called garage sales in Orange County.

Well, if they're used balls that have been sitting around in someone's garage for awhile, then any amount is too much. See my sig line below.

Roffey
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
IS there anyway to clean tennis balls?

And he said there is a way to clean tennis balls, thus answering your question. Sorry if you have short term memory loss and/or you can't understand the english language, but you never asked how.

Ronaldo
05-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Use a washing machine then dry them with a load of clothes. Found out the color fades a bit, not worth the trouble

Topherstein
05-01-2006, 04:04 PM
And he said there is a way to clean tennis balls, thus answering your question. Sorry if you have short term memory loss and/or you can't understand the english language, but you never asked how.

Any half-intelligent human being would know what I meant. I don't have time to explain things to unintelligent people. If you are here to try to prove me wrong, get a life.

Roffey
05-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Any half-intelligent human being would know what I meant. I don't have time to explain things to unintelligent people. If you are here to try to prove me wrong, get a life.

I knew full well what you meant, but what one says and what one means aren't the same thing. Any half-intelligent human being would know that.

Skppr05
05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
if posters annoy you just ignore them. The beef had been squashed and he brought it back up again making you the bigger person. Just ignore him

Topherstein
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
if posters annoy you just ignore them. The beef had been squashed and he brought it back up again making you the bigger person. Just ignore him

Good point. I will just stop. No point in arguing in a forum.

Lakoste
05-01-2006, 08:59 PM
It's physically impossible to clean tennis balls, there's your answer.

Roffey
05-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Good point. I will just stop. No point in arguing in a forum.

I agree and I carried it too far. I apologize.

Ripper
05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
See my sig line below.

Always thought that it refered to something else; I've, even, applied it to my game, really!

zotparkerm
05-04-2006, 04:55 AM
It IS possible to clean them. Of course, some damage is done. I used to live near a clay court facility and on Sunday afternoons would go with my younger son and go through the garbage cans. We would typically gather 60-150 balls that had been played with ONCE and thrown away (gotta love the snobs). Some were clean, some were sitting in coke or coffe. I washed the load of 'em with a little mild detergent on the gentle cycle then air-dried them under a ceiling fan over night. Very minimal damage to the balls - especially for free.

The post addressing the use of dead balls from a garage sale is valid though, you can't was dead out of a tennis ball.

Skppr05
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
they have garbage cans specfically for just tennis balls? Heck, i wouldn't mind going around garbage cans either if it would fill me up my hopper lol