PDA

View Full Version : KYTennis Dude, Any Tennis Courts in Bowling Green KY?

Match-Point
06-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Pardon if this is the wrong place to post but not sure where on the TW fourms to post this. Thought some of my stringing friends could possible help?

Traveling to BG, KY over the extended Jul 4th holiday and was looking for some courts to play on preferably clay. Does anyone know if the city/county has any courts or if there are any private clubs that allow guests who are members of other IRSA clubs can play on for a day rate?

Please respond before June 29, 5pm EST.

Macgirl
06-29-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm not KYTennis Dude but I did grow up there and I know there is a club right off of I-65 called Tennis Town. They had several clay courts several years ago, give them a call when you get to town. All the other parks and the university courts are all hard court, at least to my knowledge. There are hard courts at Western Kentucky University, then there is Keriakes Park on Cemetary Rd., then on past Tennis Town there is another park with courts but I can't remember the name of it.

Match-Point
06-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks Macgirl. I did find Tennis Town surfing the net.

kentuckytennisdude
06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, I played a junior tournament down at Bowling Green a couple years back at Western Kentucky University. Very nice hard courts. I havent seen any clay courts down there. When there was a rain delay at the tournament, we played on the courts at the high school in bowling green. Those were nice also. If you cant find any clay courts, try the places at WKU and the high school. They have tons of hard courts there.

Match-Point
06-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Thanks dude. I am off to the BlueGrass State. Hope I can find some good tennis.

kytennis
09-02-2005, 01:25 PM
their are several places up towards northern kentucky contact me burke632@hotmail.com and i will give you info! how old are you and are you any good?