PDA

View Full Version : Worth it or no? - Tretron Micro X Balls

snoflewis
04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
i came across a good deal, but was wondering what you guys thought about it. im not too familiar w/ the Micro X balls but know that they are very durable, which is something i need for serve practices.

the deal i came across was: a bucket of 90 Micro X balls (minus 5-10 balls from getting lost) that have BARELY been used (printing is still on the balls) for $65. according to the seller, they have only seen the courts 3 times in the past year and were bought in '03.

http://i2.tinypic.com/wt9368.jpg

astra
04-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Many players report it tough for elbow/arm due to weight. I used to play with Tretorn Micro X and liked them for good durability. It is no longer truth - in last year´s batch of 60 balls, which I bought from the official Tretorn rep for a team competition, every second or third ball cracked after 20-30 min of play.
This year I bought Tretorn Z Tour, it is definetely better choice. Also Tretorn WTA Tour are better than Micro X, have similar properties as Z Tour.
Anyway, if it is such a deal, it may worth it. Also ´03 batch could be as good as we were used to. My vote is yes.