PDA

View Full Version : SPINBALZ Ripped me off $195.00 No Racquets STAY AWAY

MikeMcKenzie
04-30-2006, 04:55 AM
This guy ripped me off, took my $195 and I received no racquets. Stay away from this seller. Do not do business with him. He is a snake.

I ordered 3 fischers from him over a month ago and have not received anything. He changed his email account and refuses to cooperate with PayPal on my refund. You have been warned.

stevewcosta
04-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey Mike, that really sucks man. By the way, isn't Spinbalz that guy from France with ties to that fraudster Greg LeFoul (may be the same guy) that scammed so many people? Scammed about 30 people on this board a few yrs. back. Take care.

mctennis
04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Thgat Greg LeFoal got over $5000.00 worth of money without any racquets from what I could figure out from a while back. Someone needs to find where this guy lives.

bluegrasser
04-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I did a trade with spinbalz with no problems + prompt shipping. I know he's involved with the ' Junior Development Program' in France.

MikeMcKenzie
04-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Wow I cant believe this happend to others. I filed a claim with his paypal account so his account should be screwed up until he pays. Lets do our best to spread the word.

johnathan smith
04-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear about that MIke,
I have been pretty sure for a long time now that "spinbalz" is actually
the infamous "glupoto" who ripped off several people a few year back to the tune of a few thousand dollars. There are a few others on this board that also feel that spinbalz and glupoto are one in the same.
I NEVER deal outside of the US and I think that's a good rule of thumb to follow.

MikeMcKenzie
04-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Yes you are absolutely right. This is the same guy. I filed a claim with paypal. Funny thing is that when I started complaining he suddenly changed his email address. He won't be able to use paypal until he clears that up.

skraggle
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow, dodged a bullet. Contacted him about a racquet and he never got back to me. Sorry you guys had to get scammed by this guy, but hopefully this will keep others from getting screwed over as well.

stevewcosta
04-30-2006, 01:10 PM
That's what I figured. Just stay away from anyone in France. It could be Spinbalz AKA Glupoto AKA Greg Le Foul AKA La ****** Bag

vkartikv
04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I got a racquet from him last month. Everything went smoothly, in fact he even wrote to me asking whether the racquet had been delivered. There was only one problem - the racquet reeked of cigarette smoke. I tried everything I could but like the smelly car in Seinfeld, it was a beast that wouldn't go away.

What is the paypal status Mr. McKenzie? Keep us apprised of the situation.

La Bomba
04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Thats so lousy to rip someone off.

MikeMcKenzie
05-01-2006, 04:54 AM
The paypal situation is that paypal decided in my favor but they are unable to recover any funds because his account did not have anything in it. So his account has a negative amount in it and he won't be able to withdraw or use the account until he pays that back. I am still screwed though and probably will never see any of that money.

Azzurri
05-03-2006, 07:41 AM
i thought ppal had some type of buyer protection? makes no sense. i would contact the BBB and file against ppal. they are supposed to PROTECT you, not sorry dude, guy has no money.

steebo
05-03-2006, 09:03 AM
If you pay through Palpal using a credit card, are you protected by the issuing company in cases like this? I have no idea, but may be worth checking into.

vkartikv
05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
If you pay through Palpal using a credit card, are you protected by the issuing company in cases like this? I have no idea, but may be worth checking into.

No, atleast not in my case. It happened on the auction site and the seller withdrew the funds from his paypal account leaving a -ve balance since he owed me and some other guys money. My CC company didn't do anything about it.

dannyjjang
05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
did you buy it from **** or here?

Azzurri
05-05-2006, 10:04 AM
what's the point of pay pal's protection if the guy pulls out his money. I am going to contact them myself. I use PPal all the time. I no longer feel safe if this is the case. The CC company is supposed to accept this as fraud and you, by LAW, are not responsible. This case makes no sense.

johnkidd
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I had issues with Pay Pal a few year back with an auction on *-*** The funds came from a confirmed account, they took their fee and I took my money. Turns out the money was hacked from someones account and they wanted me to re-pay the money. Of course my item (some high end home stereo speakers) are long gone. My wife who is an attorney sent them a certified letter stating I made the transaction in good faith and shouldn't have to read through three pages of disclaimers on what they do and do not protect. Never heard back from them and I haven't used them since.

goober
05-05-2006, 04:10 PM
I also have the policy of never buying outside the USA. There is very little recourse if you get scammed. The second policy is always check references.

stevewcosta
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Still don't understand why people love PayPal. They never recovered my $ when scammed by this guy and obviously he's using them to do it again yrs. later. As others have said, don't deal w/anyone out of the country. Sucks for the trustworthy, but you have to protect yourself.

Richie Rich
05-05-2006, 05:09 PM
paypal does what is best for them, not the customer. they make it really difficult to phone them (no 1-800 #) and reach a live voice. when you do they don't really help you. that said, it's still relatively safer than sending a money order or cash. but you are right - send paypal internationally and it's at your own risk.

jamn73
05-07-2006, 11:07 AM
does he have an e#(# acct? i say we start messing with him. find his acct, ask for his address to send a cashier's check, then let the games begin.

jlui21
05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
does he have an e#(# acct? i say we start messing with him. find his acct, ask for his address to send a cashier's check, then let the games begin.

Sounds good but what if he is reading this right now. He'd know. You should hire a hacker or find someone on here who is one and let him do the rest...illegal but in times of justice, the seeker can step outside the bounds of law and earn his moral right. (Then again, there is also forgiveness but it doesn't apply here b.c the man has repeatedly done it...) Which reminds me, someone hit my car and stopped returning my calls after promising to fix it. I maybe out $250+ to get it fixed.

Pro_Tour_630
05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about that MIke,
I have been pretty sure for a long time now that "spinbalz" is actually
the infamous "glupoto" who ripped off several people a few year back to the tune of a few thousand dollars. There are a few others on this board that also feel that spinbalz and glupoto are one in the same.
I NEVER deal outside of the US and I think that's a good rule of thumb to follow.

I TOLD YOU,

I guess, I AM PART TO BLAME, I should have warned you all.

greglitote is his **** id he is banned from there as well. he probably has a new **** id by now

He has no dignity nor conscious ripping off fellow tennis players off of few racquets. He will pop up every now and then with 100 of different names and supporting name. JUST DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY OR RACQUETS TO FRANCE, Period

Funny after 1700 posts, if you have an 0Z of dignity post and explain your self SPINNOBALZ, you have given France a bad name on this forum. Hope you are proud!

vkartikv
05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I TOLD YOU,

I guess, I AM PART TO BLAME, I should have warned you all.

greglitote is his **** id he is banned from there as well. he probably has a new **** id by now

He has no dignity nor conscious ripping off fellow tennis players off of few racquets. He will pop up every now and then with 100 of different names and supporting name. JUST DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY OR RACQUETS TO FRANCE, Period

Funny after 1700 posts, if you have an 0Z of dignity post and explain your self SPINNOBALZ, you have given France a bad name on this forum. Hope you are proud!

I happened to buy from him and it all worked well. I suppose he is one of those guys who lays dormant for a while and then has one good transaction and then cheats everyone after that. That one good transaction was me but I have had my fair share of problems. Just read about all the trouble I had to to go to get my frames from this guy and in the end he makes it seem like I was at fault.

Pro_Tour_630
05-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I happened to buy from him and it all worked well. I suppose he is one of those guys who lays dormant for a while and then has one good transaction and then cheats everyone after that. That one good transaction was me but I have had my fair share of problems. Just read about all the trouble I had to to go to get my frames from this guy and in the end he makes it seem like I was at fault.

Kid is confused, he is well educated and knowledgeable about tennis racquets too bad.

Spinbalz how do you sleep at night? I know you are reading this. After all those years of posting 1700 BS posts that we have to read. You are nothing but a small time thief. Does this ring a bell *****hole

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=36569

vkartikv
05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Kid is confused, he is well educated and knowledgeable about tennis racquets too bad.

Spinbalz how do you sleep at night? I know you are reading this. After all those years of posting 1700 BS posts that we have to read. You are nothing but a small time thief. Does this ring a bell *****hole

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=36569

if it is any consolation, I know that he is spending all that money he earned from cheating you guys on cigarettes. His racquet reeked of smoke. So he is using your money for his own self-destruction.