PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Quantum V1 Mid or OS which is better?

Onecoldcat
06-28-2004, 04:56 PM
I've played the Catapult 4 and did not like the catapult technology at all!

I currently play with the Quantum Tour 8 and enjoy it very much, but wish the racquet supplied a little more power.

Everything that I've read points to the V1, while I plan on demoing both versions, I'd like to hear what others think and yes I've read all of the posts as well as the reviews.

Most seem to lean towards the OS, but it sounds too good to be true! Larger sweetspot, additional pop, increased spin, and great control!

What's your experience / opinion?

Proud Pusher
06-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Three years ago I hit with the Qv1 oversize for about 30 minutes and decided I didn't like it. (Certainly didn't give it much of a chance) I remember thinking it was too powerful? I bought two QV1 Mids and have been using since. They are by far the best frames I have ever used, I am a 56 year old 3.5-4.0 playing about 4 times a week mostly singles. At times I think a slightly larger head would benefit my game and I would be willing to try the Oversize again, but it appears they aren't even available anymore? As far as the 102 which I am using, I string myself using either Natural gut or multis, and play mostly on clay. This frame has a certain comfort and balance I have never experienced in any other racquet, and I've tried a bunch!