PDA

View Full Version : Prince More Series Racquet concerns.....

georgeyew
06-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I have a questions for the Price More Series racquet owners out there. I just bought a left over More Precision MP and am concerned about the grommet-less frame. After numerous time of stringing, will the strings cut into the frame or cause it to crack around the holes? I saw a demo one at the store that showed some cracks and "dents" where the strings dug into the frame. Is this normal for the Prince More racquets? Any thoughts on this matter?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

mr. stevo
06-28-2004, 09:35 PM
i've got a prince more control db and i've had no problems with the string breaking at the gromet section, most of the time it breaks just off center to my sweet spot because of a slight mis hit an inch or two. i've gone through 4-5 sets of strings and it's fine, just check the holes to see if you notice any rough edges.

georgeyew
06-29-2004, 04:43 AM
Mr Stevo, thanks for your reply. Actually, I am referring to the frame being damaged. The demo that I saw looked like the string was cutting into the graphite and would eventuallt make the string hole very rough. Are you experiencing that on your More Control?

Gaines Hillix
06-29-2004, 08:23 AM
georgeyew, I have been on this board for a long time and other than some initial problems with premature string breakage, I have never heard of a problem with the MORE frames themselves. However, as much play as demo racquets get, I wouldn't doubt if the string channels showed some wear from the friction with the strings. It would take years for normal player to put this much wear on a frame, IMO.

georgeyew
06-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Gaines, thank you for your input. That puts my mind at ease about the racquet. I look forward to playing with it. Thanks again.

TennsDog
06-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I played with the More Game MP for a year and my friend whose racket I have strung plays with the More Control. Neither of us has had any problem with damage to the racket due to the strings. My racket did break, but I can hardly blame it on the strings; wish I could, lol. I wasn't too nice to that racket, if you know what I mean... Anyways, I can't imagine Prince could possibly overlook something like that in racket design. I really liked the feel of no grommets, though. So I would say go for it, and if something does happen to the frame from normal use, the store would probably be willing to work with you on some level.

tetsuo10
06-29-2004, 05:07 PM
I wish Prince made the Diablo with no grommets. That would have been nice.

mr. stevo
06-30-2004, 08:05 PM
georgeyew, my prince more control is in good condition, and the fact is that my prince more control is my FIRST ever tennis racket, yes i decided to get right into this awesome sport. But, i must say that i really gave all my strings a beating because i just started to play last year and i was miss hitting like crazy... this year i am alot more consistent, and i have found my groove. But the important factor is that i haven't noticed anything wrong with any of my gromets or noticed any cracks. Only a minor dent at the 6'oclock postition due to my stringer. hope this helps.

mr. stevo
06-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Also a demo racket is what it is... something for people to try, and i don't know if this is true but i tested 1 or 2 rackets from my local tennis shop and the strings it came with seemed in destructable.... i have no clue what string it was. But i think the shop keeper wanted durability over anything else.

georgeyew
07-01-2004, 05:38 AM
I have not strung my More Precision yet. I am anxious to get it out on the court soon. I have a nCode Tour 90 on order, I want to see how differently the two play. I'll give you'll an update. Thanks for the replies.

ClemsonTennis9
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
i used to use the more approach and the thing cracked after about 6 months of use and it cracked around the holes where the string go in
also i collided racquets while playing doubles and my racquet cracked but not hers
basically prince did a lousy job of making racquets this year, i have heard that they are stopping the more series