PDA

View Full Version : TW Staff - Yonex RDX 500 weight question

ST
06-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I used to play with the Ti-70 and Ti 80, and know that the weight of a 3/8 unstrung is about 11.3oz while a 1/2 grip size would weight around 11.7oz unstrung, and I think it is a very common thing for a lot of the Yonex frames, the weight of the racquet depends on the grip sizes. Does this also apply to the new RDX 500? Having checked the Yonex website, the RDX 500 MP is about 310g unstrung, while the other 2 models are 320g unstrung. How come in your review the weight differences are only 3 grams instead of 10?

thx in advance.
ST

TW Staff
06-29-2004, 08:33 AM
ST,
I cannot comment on the methods used to provide the weights of racquets on the Yonex site as I'm not familiar with their methods. Here at TW we spec several strung racquets and take an average spec. The amount of racquets measured depends on how the racquets spec out, but we always measure a minimum of three racquets.
Yonex does change the weight of its racquets depending on the grip size. The specs provided by us are for SL racquets. The smaller grips sizes come with a lighter UL spec. As our demos are SL racquets, I'm unable to provide strung specs for UL racquets.

Cheers,
Chris, TW.