PDA

View Full Version : My review of the nSixOne 95

lonetango
06-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Just got mine 2 days ago and thought I'd post my review of this racquet.

Type of game: all-around
Strength: forehand
Backhand: two-handed
Previous racquet: Wilson HPS 6.1 MP
String used: Bow gut 16g mains, Prince Syn. w/d 17g crosses
Tension: 64lbs.

First off, the paintjob is beautiful. The white and hot red is a great mix together. Holding the racquet, it feels a lot lighter than my HPS because it is .2 oz lighter although it feels even lighter than that.

The POWER of this racquet is less than my HPS which is really what I was looking for. That isn't to say it can't generate enough power because you can if you have a fast swing speed. The feeling is very dampened compared to the HPS and very similar to the feeling of the Tour90 when I tried that racquet. The racquet feels somewhat "hollow" at impact. You get more "feel" with this than the HPS but it doesn't give a the POP effect of the HPS because of its dampened feeling.

The CONTROL is just awesome. My bread and butter shot has always been my inside out forehand which I love to rip within 4-5 inches of the corner of the ad side which worked EVERY time I hit it today in a pro-set match. That just tells how well I could control this thing without much effort. I feel with this racquet that I can really whip at the ball and still keep it in the court. On approach slices, I can place the ball almost pinpoint of my wanted destination with ease because I get such great feel of the ball. I've always loved the way the Tour90 felt at net and this one feels just like it. On volleys, it's just as good because I felt that my accuracy was very precise in terms of where I wanted to put the ball.

The SPIN is very different. I hit with tremendous spin as a player and there hasn't been a tournament player that has failed to comment about how much spin I put on the ball. However, today as I was hitting with my usual practice partner who knows best about my hitting tendencies said that I hit the ball particularly with a lot more pace, but not as much topspin yet the ball skids extremely fast. I, myself, realized that I didn't put as much spin as I usually did also.

My SERVER definitely improved over the HPS. I felt like it was hard to hit my serves with the HPS for some reason and double faulted quite often. With the nSixOne, I could really whip the ball and keep it in the box and very deep. My kick serves worked extremely well even when I used very little pace on the service. My flat serves felt very solid with the dampened feel but did not get the pop like the HPS, although I believe the speed and power was just as good if not better.

Overall, I believe that I have finally found what I want that I didn't have in the HPS, which was a little less power, more flex of the racquet and something a tad bit lighter. However, I believe the HPS can still be a good backup racquet because they do share similar characteristics that are very minute in details. I did not like the Tour90 because of its small head size and it was just very demanding on off-centered shots. Although I did mis-hit a few balls, it still went in with enough spin and didn't seem to shock my arm like the Tour90 or the HPS did. The nSixOne felt very soft on the arm and with the gut/syn hybrid it felt extremely soft and easy. I think I this will be my main racquet for now.

What I DID NOT like about it was the dampened feel which has never been my type of feel although I can tolerate it on this racquet. That is pretty much all I can say that I didn't like because I liked the POP on my HPS. Other than that, I believe it's a great racquet. I have always used Prince Graphites, of all generations and have gotten used to their balance and feel. I could never pick up a Wilson and learn to like it because it felt totally different and could not get used to it. However, since I found the HPS, it was perfect for me and now with the nSixOne, it has made each one of the criteria I've wanted in a racquet just a little bit better.

Hope this helps anyone who is in search for one or have questions. Feel free to instant message me or drop me an email if you want to ask for more details.

Steve F.
06-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Very nice write up lonetango, thanks for the full post on this frame...

couple quick follow ups, if you have time:

Any lead that you've added to the frame?

The biggest difference sounds like the dampness and maybe the flex? How and where did you feel the frame's flex is, compared to the HPS 6.1 or Tour90? I've played the HPS6.1 and PSC6.1, and I found them both stiff throughout, with the HPS feeling exceptionally hollow with little flex. With your comment that the n6.1 has faster swings, better control and more pace, but less spin... it's a tough call - but how does that add up? Sorry to be so precise, but hey it's a racquet board and none of us have a demo! What do you think?

Any more volley feedback? How's the upper hoop? Does it have the huge sweetspot expected from the 6.1 line? How about stability and mobility at net?

Thanks again for posting --

Coda
06-29-2004, 01:30 AM
can you compare this "hollow" feel to any popular racket? TW lists the swingweight as 330...is it really this high?

SC in MA
06-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the extended review lonetango. Very interesting. There's been such little actual hitting experience with this stick so it's great to hear from someone who actually owns it. I believe this is the first I've heard about "hollow" and "dampened" feel. Please continue to report in as you continue to play and learn more about it, and especially if your assessment changes at all.

One question I have is does it feel solid handling heavy balls, such as from a serve or fast, heavy topspin shot? Is it able to plow thru those types of balls with a nice solid (no torque) feel ?

Thanks again for the great review.

CliffH
06-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the review lonetango.

The previous guys commented on "dampened' as well. I hope it's liveable. "like an aluminum baseball bat with leather on it"

All the demos hit the stores yesterday here in Orange county, unstrung, so I'll check it out today. Probably before tw has their's ready. I'm using the Psc6.1 & hope this racquet is the replacement.

I hear the matching bag is awesome, Federer is using it.

The spin issue sounds intriguing. Maybe it was designed more for thinner strings. Maybe some 16L. This frame keeps sounding more like a prestige all the time. Not a bad thing.

Your string setup sounds like a winner.

We'll look forward to more.
[/code]

perfmode
06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
http://www.wilson.com/media/wilson/images/products/web/Tennis/Bags/308x430/Z6299_lg_11639.jpg

http://www.lottosport.com/2003/inglese/lottosport/immagini_sport/immagini_schede_sport/Accessories/Tennis/DOUBLE_BAG_ATP_MOTION.jpg

lonetango
06-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply but here goes and I will try to best answer all questions. Usually I would have played the hell out of this racquet already even though only owning it for 2 days, but there's been so much rain here so I was only able to play a pro-set the first day and today I got to practice a little more before it started raining again.

Steve F., I did not use any lead on the frame. That's very good news because every other racquet I've used I have had to, it plays very well as a stock racquet and I prefer to find a racquet that way. The balance is very good although I don't think it felt as head light as the specs make it. When I hold the racquet to receive, it feels very balanced that I actually feel the racquet to be lighter than the 12.2oz. The flex is definitely noticeable compared to the HPS. I could not really feel the flex of the HPS at all. If I could compare it to another racquet, it feels a lot like the TT Warrior that I tried back about a year ago. I was never into really flexy racquets but this one still felt good to me. I can live without the tremendous amount of spin I used to have. It could be the result of my strings also, using gut on the mains at 16g. I usually don't get a lot of spin using gut and tend to hit the ball flatter. I will be taking them out and going back to my kevlar/syn blend that I love and see how it goes. Again, with all these factors, I have nothing to complain about it and I like it the way it is.

In terms of VOLLEYS, it is great. I don't volley too often but when I do I need it to be extremely precise. The maneuverability is awesome! It feels like a feather when I'm wielding it at net. This is where it shines over the HPS because the HPS felt very hefty for me at net. The nSixOne felt like it could get in position before I was even ready to hit the ball. My volleys are indeed more solid and very well controlled. I felt with the HPS I have to be very careful on shots volleyed below the net as they would sail long if I try to push it deep whereas the nSixOne can bring it up and still stay in and deep. The sweet spot of this racquet is definitely sweet. I felt that I couldn't hit anything centered and if I did, it'd still feel comfortable unlike my HPS. Because of the dampened feeling, all my shots felt soft all over the stringbed and the upper hoop is very well dampened also.

The stability of the racquet is very good which is why I didn't have to use lead tape and the main reason why I use it on about every other racquet. On groundstrokes, serves and even volleys, the racquet felt great and I didn't get a feeling of it twisting on my at all and that usually happens often especially when I take returns on big serves and groundstrokes.

Coda, if I can compare the hollowness to a racquet, it'd be the LM Radical MP I tried a few weeks back. The dampened feel is almost like that and the flex feel is like the TT Warrior but it didn't lack the groundstroke power like the Warrior. I did not like the LMR simply because it felt TOO dampened and it was also stiff. The nSixOne is slightly less dampened but the flex still gave me a great feel as I hit my shots.

SC in MA, it felt great responding to fast and hard shots. I literally took bigger swipes at fast serves and strokes on purpose to test its stability and many times I can really rip a big winner or return. Since my forehand is my strongest shot, anytime I'm slightly stretched and running for a forehand, I would try to rip it hard cross court and it works almost all the time. My returns on the inside out forehand to the ad side was especially good with this racquet. It handled pace and spin extremely well. It was definitely very solid. In general solid is a very good word for this racquet.

As far as I am concerned, my previous transistions have been a TT Graphite to the Pure Control to the HPS 6.1. I loved the stability and balance of the TT but needed something else. The Pure Control was just a mid life crisis racquet, it had way too much power for a "control" racquet. I thought I would stop at the HPS because it really shaped my game. The nSixOne is simply a little better than that and after hitting with it a little again today, I have been completely been sold on it and will be getting my second one this weekend. Once you guys see it in your hands, sometimes the paint job is enough to get you to switch :) It's a beauty!

I hope this answers all questions and I can always answer more if you have any. This stick was well worth my wait and money.

CliffH
06-29-2004, 01:32 PM
thanks perfmode the bag looks great. The racquet sure sounds good.
posters keep saying it is like the LM. Glad to hear it is solid; a little light can be dealt with.

lonetango
06-29-2004, 01:36 PM
It looks nothing like the LMP. The red is a lot brighter and with with pure white, it's a very contrasting mix up and looks very brilliant. The LMP was a dull red with silver and didn't really attract me. The pictures you see aren't as clear and vivid so they might look similar. It's tough to beat the looks of this one.

Someone said that the nSixOne is a divergence of the Head LM's and the Wilson PS's. I think this is very representative of the feel of the nSixOne.

Swan Song
06-29-2004, 03:25 PM
lonetango, how does the nCode compare to the PSC 6.1 in terms of feel?

lonetango
06-29-2004, 04:05 PM
I never liked the PSC 6.1 because it felt so stiff and the sweet spot was not the best. The nCode is definitely softer. You can feel the racquet flex when you hit and it doesn't feel like a board like you do with the PSC or even the HPS 6.1. The racquet with my combination of gut hybrid gives unbelievable feel. I have had terrible arm problems in the past few months and I can say that the nCode will resolve all of that. I did say the racquet "felt" extremely light in my hands, but it IS 12.2oz so it's not a light racquet. I felt that I could hit and return fast paced shots with an equal amount of power and there is very little vibration or twisting of the racquet. The Tour90, which I hated but loved the feel of it the most, share common touch characteristics with the nCode but the nCode is much more livelier.

kninetik
06-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Quick irrelevant question. Did you Nsix come with the Ncode vibration dampner as seen on the japanese wilson site? That cool-looking 4 string clear dampner?

lonetango
06-29-2004, 05:25 PM
No, no vibe or cover. But it did come with 3 pre-packaged pro overgrips in white like Federer's. And I know they have the matched sets for the nSixOne 90 just like the Tour 90 did.

garbage
06-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Are you playing with the leather grip or with the overgrips on top?

perfmode
06-29-2004, 06:04 PM
It doesn't come with a leather grip; the 90 does.

lonetango
06-29-2004, 06:16 PM
perfmode is correct, the nSixOne 95 comes with a tacky, rubber grip and not a leather grip.

Keensta
06-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,

i've just demoed the nSixOne from a Wilson rep..its a pretty good raquet. i agree with lonetango, its quite dampened, but still plenty of feel. i like the blend of power and control from the baseline, but especially around the net. Its very manuverable. I was hitting my volleys without much effort, getting plenty of power and control this morning. Overall, its a very good raquet from the baseline and net. I'm waiting to test our the nSixOne Tour 90. Anyone tried the raquet yet? i seemed to like the original tour 90, so i'm thinking i'll like the nSixOne Tour 90 over the nSixOne 95.

jayserinos99
06-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Another dumb question, will the original PSC 6.1 grommets fit the new ncode 95?

lonetango
06-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Keensta hit it on the dot. My volley game was the weakest part of my arsenal but I feel a lot more confident with this new racquet simply because it's so mobile and effortless at net. Very forgiving on off-centered volleys.

As for the grommets, I assume it would because of the same string pattern and skip holes, but why would you want to do that?

BreakPoint
06-29-2004, 08:20 PM
I hit for a few minutes with both the nSix-One Tour and the nSix-One 95 tonight. Comparing the two, I like the Tour much better, but that's probably because my current racquet is the PS 6.0 95. Although TW rates the Tour as being slightly stiffer than the 95 (RDC 66 vs. 65), the 95 felt much stiffer to me. In fact, the 95 felt a lot like a slightly heavier version of the Tour 95 to me, which I didn't like. The Tour felt much more dampened and smoother to me with much less power than the 95. The 95 definitely had more pop to it. The Tour actually reminds me most of the European HPS 6.0 95 Tour that TW was selling last year. Very similar feel to me, except that the Tour is a little heavier.

The head size of the Tour is really not much different from the PS 6.0 95. From a distance, the head sizes look identical. Putting them against each other, the difference is small and hardly noticible. The Tour seemed smoother on groundstrokes than my PS 6.0 95 but I liked my PS 6.0 95 more for serving. I could get more pop and feel on the serve with my PS 6.0 95. I think I also had more feel on returns with my PS 6.0 95. Volleys were about the same.

Overall, after only about a hour of doubles, I'd say I like the Tour more than the 95 but I'm not so sure yet if I like the Tour more than my PS 6.0 95. I think the biggest difference is that the Tour has a more dampened feel, whereas, the PS 6.0 95 can feel crisper. Both the Tour and the 95 were strung with Wilson Stamina 16g at, I assume around midrange (55-57lbs), and my PS 6.0 95 was strung with Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16g at 59lbs. That might account for some of the difference in feel.

CliffH
06-29-2004, 08:46 PM
hey BreakPoint, did the tour feel smaller than your 6.0 95, and could you get more pop on the serve with the 6.1? thanks. I will really consider the tour now, as I was expecting the 6.1 to be better, or a 6.0
over my psc which is too powerful and not enough feel. :)

BreakPoint
06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
CliffH,
No, the Tour did not feel any smaller than my PS 6.0 95 in play. Yes, the 95 definitely had more pop on the serve than the Tour but probably not much more than the PSC 6.1.

alexdedo81
06-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey Breakpoint! I dont know if u ever played with the tour 90 but I played 4 months with it and I found it to have a really inconsistent sweetspot, really wearing out my elbow on off-center hits. How did the ncode tour feel in terms of sweetspot?

FireSon
06-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Breakpoint,

How is the maneuverability of the nTour compared to the T90? Does it still have a high "plow through" factor?

VJH
06-30-2004, 05:43 AM
Lonetango....where did you purchase your rackets? I'd love to get my hands on nCode 90's as I have some tennis planned for the long weekend.

VJH
06-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Thanks Lonetango

VJH
06-30-2004, 07:39 AM
LoneTango,

Can you email me the website? TW blocked it...I can understand why....

vjh@beld.net

lonetango
06-30-2004, 08:03 AM
VJH,

Just put this together: *************(dot)com

Hope that works

lonetango
06-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Crap! ************* dot com

lonetango
06-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Nevermind, you've got mail!

BreakPoint
06-30-2004, 10:12 AM
alexdedo81,
It's been a while since I've hit with a Tour 90. I demoed it when it first came out over a year ago. I don't really remember what the sweetspot was like. All I remember was that I was often a little late on my groundstrokes. But that may be because it had been a while since I've used a 12+oz. racquet. Now that I've been using a PS 6.0 95 for a while, the Tour 90 may feel different to me. However, I do remember the Tour 90 as being stiffer feeling than the nSix-One Tour I hit with yesterday. Someone had mentioned here before that the nS-O Tour flet "whippy". I think that may be a good description. At times, it can feel almost as flexible as a Prestige Classic or even a Max 200G.

FireSon,
The nS-O Tour did feel more maneuverable than the Tour 90 but it did not have the same "plow-through" factor. I think that's because it felt lighter and more flexible than the Tour 90.

lonetango
06-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here are pictures I took of my nSixOne. I took a few before I strung it and a few after. I think these pictures show off the colors of the racquet better.

http://home.comcast.net/~matthewtran/n61.html

alexdedo81
06-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Thank u man... those pics are really gorgeous... the nSix-one got LOOKS!!! Thanks again.. the best pics out there.
Just wish there were some more comparisons about the nTour and the n95... by the way great job!!!

06-30-2004, 02:14 PM
how does the ncode 6.1 95 compare to the hps 6.1 in stability and plow through?

lonetango
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
There isn't anything, IMHO, that the nSixOne falls to the HPS besides a SLIGHT less power and more flex on the frame. Everything else I have to say is better than the HPS as I used the HPS prior to the nSixOne.

06-30-2004, 02:23 PM
thanks, i was just wondering because i like the specs on it. Expecially that its more flexible but i wasn't sure if the slightly ligher stationary weight hurt its stability.(stability is important to me because of my gimpy injury prone wrist)

btw can ne one give me any advice on whether or not the 6.1 95 or 90 would be better for me. right now i use the 6.095 and find the sw too light and the racquet a bit unstable. i tried the tour 90 and thought it has great feel but maybe a tad to heavy (not to much though) but also found it just a tad too stiff. I tried the hps 6.1 and found it great(,sw andweight wise) but also a bit too stiff and hallow. Only flaw i saw in it for me was that it was a bit more stiff than i like but i thought everything else was perfect.

I play all court, 2hnded backhand, semi-western forehand. Any advice i would appreciate.
thanks

jayserinos99
06-30-2004, 03:48 PM
I got to fiddle with both of the ncodes (90 and 95) today. The paint jobs look really good. I'm just going to wait until the demos come out and make my final decision.

alexdedo81
06-30-2004, 11:50 PM
great Jayserinos!! We're waiting for you to tell us the differences between the 2 raquets!!

womackD
07-01-2004, 01:02 AM
I have been hitting with the Ncode 95 for the past two days. I agree, pretty much, with what Lonetango has written/posted about this racket. I haven't hit with it enough to give a detailed opinion, but I can say this:

This is easily Wilson's most comfortable racket. Granted, that's not saying much, since Wilson is probably at the bottom of the list when it comes to comfort..

I have few complaints, if any, on groundstrokes, volleys, half volleys or slice. However, i am having a horrible time finding a groove on serve with this racket. Power, placement, spin, no where to be found.. I'm used to rackets with thinner beams, so that's were I assume the problem lies. This racket doesnt have the throat flex or even upper hoop flex of rackets like the LM prestige Mid or Pro Kennex Core 1 #6 (both of which i have found to be great serving rackets and have been demoing a lot lately.)

Overall, I have been happy with the playtest. I was a Classic 6.1 user and though this racket doesnt feel anything like the classic, it's comfort is a huge improvement as is the increased mobility... Nice job, Wilson.

womackD
07-01-2004, 01:21 AM
I just looked at the specs listed by TW for the Ncode 95, HPS 6.1 and Classic 6.1.

Something just doesnt add up! The Ncode and HPS have the same listed swing weights, and the Classic's SW is listed as being less than both.. Having played with all three, the HPS is easily the heaviest (swinging), followed by the Classic and then the Ncode..

SC in MA
07-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Hey womackD: Thanks for chiming in on the nCode61. I believe this is the first I've heard about serving difficulties with this stick. Since I need all the help I can get with serve, I'll be very interested to hear what others say about serving with the nCode.

I know that your looking for a replacement for your Classic 61. It appears that you're demoing (or have demoed) every stick that I'm interested in. Have you come to any conclusions or made a replacement decision yet ?

I'm currently hitting with the HPS 6.1, which I've been playing very well with lately. Makes me wonder why I'm even considering another stick. I guess we're all looking for that elusive Holy Grail !

Anyway, sticks that I think I would be interested in demoing are the nCode and LM Prestige. I thought I might be interested in the RDX500, but it sounds like it's less solid than the others. (I don't like to doctor my sticks to make them stable). Sorry if I drifted a bit off topic.

Can you compare either of the LM Prestige's to the nCode61 95 (or nCode61 90 if you've hit with that one) ?

ian mercier
07-01-2004, 04:50 AM
I picked up some pictures from an old auction for a NCode Tour. Here's what they looked like...

http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode1.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode3.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode4.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode5.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode6.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode7.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode8.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode9.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode10.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode11.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode12.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode13.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode14.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode15.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode16.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode17.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode18.jpg
http://www.mcgfoundation.org/ncode19.jpg

perfmode
07-01-2004, 04:59 AM
the ncode 90 and 95 have the best cosmetics of any racquets in the last 40 years.

womackD
07-01-2004, 10:05 AM
SC in MA:

After reading the TW review of the Ncode, i noticed Casey (i think it was Casey) was having trouble on serve too. He uses the VE 10 Mid, a racket i am very familiar with and similar to what i have been demoing. I have been demoing the PK Core 1 #6, LM prestige MID and MP the past few weeks and when comparing serves with those frames with the Ncode, the previous 3 have all been easier for me to adjust to and hit pace and spin. I really think it has to do with the flex in the shaft, or lack thereof in the Ncode. Not to mention that TW used 17G string, and i was using 16G strung 1# above midrange.

On all other shots, the Ncode has been great. I tried for weeks to switch to the HPS 6.1, but the racket wasnt as advertised... It was not a lighter playing Classic, on the contrary it swung heavier than the Classic and heavier than the LM prestige MID. I'm still up in the air on which racket has better overall feel, the HPS or the Ncode. The Ncode is definetly more comfy, that is confirmed. The feel of the Ncode is very unique and it a lot different than the Classic.

I agree with your assesment of the Yonex RDX 500... I demoed the HD and hated it. It doesnt hit with the mass you would expect from a 12oz frame and isnt nearly as crisp as the other rackets i have mentioned.

07-01-2004, 10:19 AM
the tw review actually has scared me off a bit. Because i want a racquet like the hps6.1 but with more comfort and if anything else less power. They seem to make it sound less player oriented(less control,weight into the ball, and more whippy) Is the swing weight that much lighter feeling than the hps6.1?

womackD
07-01-2004, 10:28 AM

The Ncode is definetly less powerful and more comfortable than the HPS 6.1 You need not worry about that aspect of the frame.
In my opinion, Wilson's most comfortable racket that i have ever hit.

The Ncode swings lighter than the HPS, but for me that was a plus. The HPS was one of the least manuverable rackets at net, and ultimitely kept me away from buying it back then.

07-01-2004, 10:40 AM
i guess that kind of were we differ wamackd, I found the hps 6.1 light and manuverable. I guess whats keeping me from buying it, is the fact that everyone says it swings lighter making me think it wont hit as heavy as the hps 6.1.
thanks for the reply

jayserinos99
07-01-2004, 11:01 AM
womackD, can you expand on the differences between the psc 6.1 and the ncode 95? i'm wondering if the ncode is really a more flexible version of the psc w/ a more even sweetspot and more comfort.

07-01-2004, 11:50 AM
for anyone who has used the n90 and n95 how do they compare to the tour90 and hps6.1?(my ideal racquet would have the hps6.1's pop and manuverability(weight,sw,ect.) but be more arm friendly and less hallow. I have more info about me and what i want/like on this post if anyone can help me i would really appriciate it, it seems my game is inbetween the 2 ncodes.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?p=62060#62060

SC in MA
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
I just quickly read the TW review. A lot of positives, though the one big negative that stuck in my mind is the control issue. It sounds like a couple of the testers were having problems keeping groundstrokes from flying long. That scared me. (I'm a HPS6.1 user who likes to play aggresively, but with control). I think it was Chris (one of the TW testers) who said that he thought the control issue could be dealt with using different strings/string tension.

Any feedback on the control issue from those of you who have hit with the nSixOne 95 ?

TIA.

lonetango
07-01-2004, 02:35 PM
SC in MA, I use gut-mains and syn-crosses strung at 63lbs on the nSixOne 95. Today it got a little loose...which is about 4-5 hours of play total through the last 3 days. Yes, it did lose the control that I first had when it was freshly strung. When it was first strung, I LOVED the control, thought it was unbelievable compared to the HPS even. But when it did get loose and the temperature here was a little humid this morning when I hit again, the control on the groundstrokes were a little off. Just for reference, I play aggressive so I demand a lot of control so I tend to string at higher tensions. I don't know if it's just my case, or that the control isn't very desirable at low tensions, for me at least.

Despite that, I love everything else about it and picked up my second stick today. My nCode bag will be here the 15th also! No I'm not a Federer poser, because he doesn't use this racquet anyhow, but I love it and the looks still gives me goose bumps! Has anyone ever thought why it's red and white? I was thinking since it was designed with Federer in mind, that it was the color of the Swiss flag? Just a thought!

SC in MA
07-01-2004, 03:11 PM
lonetango: Thanks for the additional info about your strings and control. It sounds like you play similar to me (aggressive with control). I'll be curious to hear how the nSixOne 95 plays over the next week or two. I hope control doesn't become an issue for you !