PDA

View Full Version : How does a Fischer ProTour FT play vs Pro1 or ProExtreme FT?

03-02-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm a logtime VT98 Pro/330g Pro #1 user and now also use a 325g ProExtreme FT. Was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on how either of those 2 sticks play compared to a ProTour FT? Thanks in advance.

iscottius
03-02-2004, 11:25 AM
The Pro Tour FT, is less weight (11 oz) than either the extreme or Pro #1 both over 12 oz. Fischer has lightened the racquet, but it is also less stable. It has very little power and a small sweet spot. Overall you will be disapointed by this Racquet, it does not have the Fischer pedigree that has made thier racquets desirable to the player audience. It has a player's racuet power level and the weight and stability of a tweener. Bad for a player, bad for a tweener---who is the audience for this?

Stitch626
03-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I think you have the Pro Tour FT mixed up with the One FT. The Pro Tour is 11.5 oz. unstrung. As far as I'm concerned i really didn't like the Pro Tour. I like the Pro One better, but havent played with the Extreme.

Koz
03-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I agree with stitch, as far as specs go. The Pro Tour FT was the same weight, and perhaps even the same balance as the Pro Extreme (I don't know about pro extreme FT though). I demo'd it a few years ago, along side a C10 pro, and liked it a lot. Good power, great control, and a nice feel. Crisp, but very dampened at the same time. I didnt' really notice the extra length either

Vanja Ljubibratic
03-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I also play with the regular Pro No.1. I tried the Pro Tour FT like two summers ago, and remember that I didn't like it at all compared to the Pro 1. It didn't have the same feel, and it felt like it had less power. The Pro No.1 was also a lot more maneuvrable. Is the Pro Tour FT 27.5 inches long? I haven't tried the Extreme FT, but as far as the two other ones are concerned, the Pro No.1 is better...it's the best racquet ever!!!

03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
I just demo'd a 325g ProTour FT and compared to my ProExtreme Ft 325 it was less headlight, more powerful and less maneuverable but a bit more stable overall. A great baseliner stick but slower @ net compared to a Pro#1 or Extreme. Big serving though + solid impact feel.