PDA

View Full Version : Head Racquet Handles Hard to use with Western Grip

gmlasam
06-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Is it me or its hard to use a western grip using Head's rectangular shape handles? It seems too flat to grip. Prince and Wilson seems to be much easier to use different grips, specially western due to a more square shape handle.

ian5
06-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I had the same problem at first. The key for me was not to get a smaller grip size like 4 3/8 and use overgrips to get to 4 1/2. That flattens the grip even more. I got the 4 1/2 and in the LM Prestige and it took about 2 matches to get use to it. Now I think I like it better.

Deuce
06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought that the Head rectangular handles were made for Westerns. They're certainly not made for Easterns, or Continentals...

Prestigious
06-30-2004, 12:30 AM
I agree with Deuce. The rectangular shape lets me slap the flatter part of grip in my palm and then curl my fingers underneath as much as I want depending on how western I want to go. I played with Prince racquets before and wasn't able to get the true western that I wanted. Volkls are similar Head but not as a pronounced rectangular shape.

Tommy Haas
06-30-2004, 12:50 AM
* deleted *

jayserinos99
06-30-2004, 03:01 AM
^^ i believe the same thing with western grips as i use one and it fits my volkl quite well. however, i like the flat grips also for my continental grips for volleying and slices. different strokes for different folks i guess.