PDA

View Full Version : Excessively perspiring hands

rifraf
05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
My hands perspir a lot which makes the grip slippery. I have tried Head and Dunlop absorbant grips but find that they just get saturated.
I do not think any absorbant grip will cope so want to get a grip with traction that will let the moisture evaporate.
Can anyone recomend a grip, or any other solution.

wyutani
05-05-2006, 01:17 AM
My hands perspir a lot which makes the grip slippery. I have tried Head and Dunlop absorbant grips but find that they just get saturated.
I do not think any absorbant grip will cope so want to get a grip with traction that will let the moisture evaporate.
Can anyone recomend a grip, or any other solution.

gloves??? nadal have the same problem...so that's why you'll see him always wipping his hands on a towel after every ball he hit....

galain
05-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Myhands sweat buckets when I play. I've found Yonex Supergrap and Klip Python to both be good, although you need to replace them often because they get waterlogged easily. You could always try good old towelling grip too.

eahls
05-05-2006, 04:19 AM
I remember that my dad used to have this same problem and kept a small peice of a towel in his pocket. I think he switched it during changeovers.

Ripper
05-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Isn't this where the Tournagrip overgrip excels? Use one of these over your grip and problem solved.

str33t
05-05-2006, 07:27 AM
got the same problem here, im using wilson h2over

psp2
05-05-2006, 07:47 AM
http://www.dryhands.com/

works wonders. i use it every time i play and overgrip with tournagrip.

oscar_2424
05-05-2006, 08:45 AM
get a rosin bag

progman_2000
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Prince makes a "grip enhancer" gel also. I sweat like a baboon and I use this stuff and wrap my grips in plain old gauze and it works well. I also usually have a bag full 'o racquets with me, though. If one gets saturated, switch it out.

North
05-05-2006, 09:38 AM
I keep a small rosin bag in my pocket (you can get them where they sell baseball stuff) - works great.

Skppr05
05-05-2006, 09:49 AM
My friend had the same problem and switched to wilson H2Overgrip. Said it cured the problem right away. or you could do what North does and get a rosin bag

simi
05-05-2006, 10:09 AM
My friend had the same problem and switched to wilson H2Overgrip. Said it cured the problem right away. or you could do what North does and get a rosin bag

Same problem, but I sweat everywhere, especially if it is hot outside. I've also used the Wilson H2Overgrip. Decent durability. Good stuff. Available in a three pack. It's kinda short, but covers the part of the grip that you have your hand upon.

Other thing I do is have a second, matching racket when I play. I switch rackets at the beginning of each set. This let the grip on one racket's handle dry while I play with the other. Just put the racket in your bag, head down and handle sticking up (and out). You could switch more often if needed. Seems to work for me.

MatchpointServe
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
I was thinking that's what tourna grip was best at. You ought to try that, mate. Along with a form of dry grip gel. I sweat tons, but that's all from my head. I need some form of 'Dry Shirt'. Haha.

Ripper
05-06-2006, 08:47 AM
There's, also, the Prince No Sweat overgrip.

phil4015
05-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Friend of mine uses anti-perspirant (not deoderant) on his hands. May help you.

brucie
05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Prince No sweat, Tourna, or H2O nad then add some talc powder to grip every match rub it in and add it as grips get slippy