PDA

View Full Version : Head LM Prestige MP vs PK 7G

THath
06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
I am trying to decide between these 2 racquets and would like to have opinions from you on which is better suited for a 4.5/5.0 all-court player. Thanks

rocky b
06-30-2004, 04:52 AM
The 7g is more powerful then the prestige. It also has a more open string pattern which will give you more spin. I love the 7g easy on the arm. The only problem is the serve you really need to swing hard to generate good pop. I was looking at the prestige myself but found it did not have enough power and did not generate as much top but great control. I am a 5.0 basleline who only come to net to shake hands. You could also try the 5g if you want a little more control.

tennisbabe
06-30-2004, 08:02 AM
7g all the way!!! This is the racquet I've chosen to play with - after demoing pretty much everything out there, including the Prestige. The 7g is much more comfortable, powerful, and controllable (spin-friendly) than the Prestige. I disagree with rocky regarding power on the serve, but then again my serve is one of my biggest strengths generally. I'm a 5.0 all-court player. The 7g is by far the best racquet i've ever played with!!!

ismashall
06-30-2004, 10:30 AM
I switched FROM the 7G to the LMPMP. The LMPMP is more stable and swings easier despite being heavier. I can produce just as much power with the LMPMP as with the 7G, because frankly the LMPMP can hold up to increased swingspeed. True, the 7G produces more power on its own, but when adding more juice it doesn't reciprocate. IMO, the 7G is second to LMPMP in all areas except volley ease and spin generation ease. I highly urge you to try both before buying any.