PDA

View Full Version : Stringing with BB ALU

Prestigious
06-30-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm about to give my LM Prestige MP to my stringer to restring for the first time. I ordered it with BB ALU 16 and have been very happy with the string and tension (57). However, there has been a noticeable loss in tension since I purchased it two months ago and I have decided to have it restrung even though the strings still look good. My stringer says he has never used BB ALU before. Are there any special instructions (i.e. prestretching, tension, etc.) I should give him when I take the racquet in? I know Luxillon recommends stringing at 10% below your "normal" tension. I just want to make sure he gets it right.

Gaines Hillix
06-30-2004, 10:51 AM
prestigious, other than it being very stiff and the difference in tension stringing ALU is really no different than any other poly. It's debatable if prestretching is effective. The string is so stiff that there is very little stretch in it. I have tried it to get some of the coil memory out of it before stringing, but it's marginal. If you liked it at 57lbs. that's what I'd ask for. Only caviat is type of machine being used. If your first string job was on a crank machine and your stringer uses a constant pull machine, you should drop the tension by an additional 10% to compensate.