PDA

View Full Version : Stacy Moore?

kenshireen
05-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Anybody know her. I got a strange offer.

Thanks, Ken

alfa164164
05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
I got a very strange message from that party also.
After I indicated that the rackets had already been sold, the party wanted to arrange a shipping company to pick them up at my home with a money order. Either this person has a very poor comprehension of the English language or "something is missing".
I'd steer clear of this one.

bluegrasser
05-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Ditto - she/he said (after I said the racquet was gone ) he wanted my address etc and was expecting shipment ?? I never even discussed a transaction - strange indeed...

Proud Pusher
05-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Same here, suppose to be receiving a money order from a third party
and then he/she will send "shipper" to pick up racquets. Never really
clear which racquets they wanted? We shall see. (strange, indeed)

Ken

kenshireen
05-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Stacy said she/he was buying the racket for somebody else and that she/he was going to have it picked up and pay with a MO which would exceed the actual price of the racket by her "commission" and she wants me to send the difference back with the shipper.
Furthermore, from her email trailer she is located in UK. Language is poor and she is not native US/British.
I know this is a scam but for entertainment sake I am playing along.. Will let you know what happens.

Ken

alfa164164
05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Hmmmmmmm, you get a bogus money order, and you send the rackets plus some cash out the door. Good work if you can get it.......

Proud Pusher
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Same scenario here, I even offered to send frames UPS and got the
"I will send shipper" response. Who pays shipping was never even
discussed! We'll see if the money order shows up?!

Even stranger, the total price of the deal was never mentioned and still
not clear which of my racquets this Stacy person wants?

Weird stuff.......

Ken

GuyPerez
05-09-2006, 09:50 AM
I told this person PayPal and I ship or no deal. It is a shame people do this stuff.

znoopie
05-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a classic case of the Nigerian scammer.

pham4313
05-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Stacy Moore...from UK...
i also got an email asking for the racket and she said will send shipping company to pick up. The money order thing is kinda strange also. We ll see

Head_Rocketman
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh man, I've gotten an offer from her too. It sounded shady at first because she acted as though the deal was already made and she hasn't specified a shipper. Thanks for the tip guys, looks like she's going to everyone who's selling anything. Don't trust her. Tim, even that's your post above mine, it's going to delay our transaction some more, she's the one who I thought was the potential buyer. Sorry.

fallen.
05-09-2006, 01:25 PM
i'm scared

stevewcosta
05-09-2006, 01:44 PM
RUN...smells like rotten FRAUD

pham4313
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
what if its a real deal:p well i doubt it too but who knows

Princegod
05-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Since someone mentioned Nigerian scammers, I have received 419 scam offers after posting my e-mail address on the forum many months ago. I very rarely post my e-mail anywhere because of spam, but it didn't take long for the scammers to harvest it. The Nigerian scammers do lurk in here so be aware.

Princegod
05-09-2006, 03:21 PM
For those unfamiliar with 419 scams, here is a good link to read:

http://www.419eater.com/html/419faq.htm

alfa164164
05-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Give us an update on what this scammer is trying to do when you have some more info.

Proud Pusher
05-11-2006, 07:35 AM
I would like to know as well, My last email with this Stacey person
indicated I should let him/her know when I receive money order.

Can't believe I fell for this for one minute! Even asked me to delete
ad for racquets!

Ken

mark rodgers
05-11-2006, 08:03 AM
I almost "sold" her a Pure Drive this past weekend. Too many red flags went off in my head to go through with the deal when she wanted to use a shipping company to pick it up and send me a money order. I told her that I needed payment with Paypal or no deal. I guess I dodged a bullet on that one!

PLK
05-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I would guess that this person is based in North America but somehow has obtained a Yahoo/UK e-mail account. She/he is transparently a fraud -- and an idiot. She/he asked for a wide range of personal info, and suggested that a delivery company would retrieve the frames from my home -- after which time she/he would send a money order. Just tell her/him that your local attorney general is looking into her/his proposal. For some reason, that ended our discussions. -- PLK

Steve Huff
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I got the same offer also. I was selling a friend's Prince O3 Tour. He said he (she) would send a money order and his shipping company would be by to pick it up. He wrote multiple times. Don't know anything else about this person.

Douggo
05-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Wonder who this "shipping company" is. It might be interesting to tell whomever comes to the door to pick up the racquet that you haven't been paid, and therefore they ain't getting no racquet.
Or, I suppose you could give a different/fake address for the pickup.
In any case, assuming the shipping company is reputable, they'll get mad at "Stacy Moore" pretty quickly.

tennisphotog
05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Wow, same deal here. Wanted racquets, promised to send off a money order. Asked for my address etc. All of us need to keep watch, if anyone has any ID theft or other trouble, please post it immediately so we can get on top of this.

GJ68AGT
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm new to the TW message board and Stacy Moore got to me in an instant. Beware of this fraud!

This is the e-mail message from her:

Hello Adam,
Thanks for your response to my mail.I will send a shipping company to come for the pick-up of the #3 Head LM Prestige Mid 4 5/8 from you when we finallize our deal.
I have a client who is ready to issue the Money Order and send it to you immediately.I just called him and give him my own price and add my profit and he has agreed to pay because i'm an agent in this sale.The Money Order will be issued and send to you immediate and i shall get back to you immediately i confirmed it has been sent.
Any amount more that your asking price in the Money Order should be send to the Shipping Company who will come for the pick up of the #3 Head LM Prestige Mid 4 5/8 at your place after payment have been confirm .Kindly delete the advert from the site you placed it for sale and as he is so much interested in buying it.I hope you are clear with my mail.Hope to hearing from you soonest.
Thank you
Stacy

pham4313
05-12-2006, 10:14 AM
exact email was sent to me words by words, just the racket name was replaced. Dame it , this lady is crazy...whats in it for her

johnkidd
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm new to the TW message board and Stacy Moore got to me in an instant. Beware of this fraud!

This is the e-mail message from her:

Hello Adam,
Thanks for your response to my mail.I will send a shipping company to come for the pick-up of the #3 Head LM Prestige Mid 4 5/8 from you when we finallize our deal.
I have a client who is ready to issue the Money Order and send it to you immediately.I just called him and give him my own price and add my profit and he has agreed to pay because i'm an agent in this sale.The Money Order will be issued and send to you immediate and i shall get back to you immediately i confirmed it has been sent.
Any amount more that your asking price in the Money Order should be send to the Shipping Company who will come for the pick up of the #3 Head LM Prestige Mid 4 5/8 at your place after payment have been confirm .Kindly delete the advert from the site you placed it for sale and as he is so much interested in buying it.I hope you are clear with my mail.Hope to hearing from you soonest.
Thank you
Stacy
WTF? Maybe I should become a racket broker....beats being an accountant :)

kenshireen
05-13-2006, 07:04 AM
"The Money Order is on the Way".... Just received this message. Let's see where this goes. I know it's a fraud....she\he doesn't sound too smart so let's see what happens. How long does it take to detect a "fake" money order.
I did provide my home address but that's public record so I don't see any harm in doing so

alfa164164
05-18-2006, 06:23 AM
Anything note worthy transpire since your last update?

norcal
05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
It sounds totally legit to me, when I need a used racket I always hire an agent to acquire one in a foreign country and I pay for them with all my international lottery winnings. I love email.

kenshireen
05-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I never heard back... I told her the deal was find and gave her my address.
I said the racket was all boxed up with her name on the shipping label and I was awaiting the date that the "shipping company" would pick it up....
Never heard back....what a surprise

PRADEEPKUMAR MANI
05-25-2006, 08:03 PM
It is a big rip-off. This is how it works: you will receive a cashier's check or money order for an amount much higher than your advertisement price. Usually, the MO or cashiers check is fake or stolen. When you deposit it in your bank, the funds are usually available the next day (up to $5000). In the meanwhile, you are convinced that the deal is legit, and wire the excess money to the "shipping company". Usually, you are requested to send money in a form that is immediately usuable (typically western union). However, after a week or so, the bank determines that the check or MO is fake, and reverses the funds available in your account - THE END RESULT IS YOU LOSE END UP LOSING THE MONEY THAT YOU PAID THE "SHIPPING COMPANY".

When I posted my car for sale, I got a similar offer. It looked too good to be true, and upon some research on the internet, I came to know of the scam.

BEWARE - ANY DEAL THAT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IS PROBABLY NOT TRUE.

regmund
06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Below is my experience with Stacy Moore, i took the money orders to the bank and they said they were not good. They came to me in a plain brown envelope postmakrked Nigeria and no sign of who sent the envelope or the money orders.. Be careful

Hello James,
> > > Thanks for your mail I really appreciate it. Well as soon as you have
> > >cashed the money order you will take $100 for the Prince CTS Storm and
> >you
> > >will send the remaining balance to my shipper for the pick up of the
> >Prince
> > >CTS Storm, And the you will send the remaining balance through
>MoneyGram
> >so
> > >then you will tell me when you want the shipper to come to your place
>and
> > >pick up the Prince CTS Storm from you.
> > > As soon as you have deducted 100$ for the Prince CTS Storm you will
>send
> > >the remaining balance which is 2,200 for the shipper and then you can
> >take
> > >another $100 for the MoneyGram commissions or charges.
> > >Here is the name and address that you will send the remaining balance
>to
> > >below here:
> > >
> > > Name: Mark Anthony
> > >
> > > Address: 20 Bowerman Ave,
> > > Newcross,London,
> > > SE14 6JG, U.K.
> > >
> > > Then as soon as you have sent the money to the shipper here is the
> > >information that the shipper will needs to get the money from the
> >MoneyGram
> > >outlets here.
> > >
> > >The Reference Number...........
> > > The Sender's Name..............
> > > The Amount Sent...............
> > > The Test Qusetions............
> > > And The Answers............
> > >
> > > And then you can just tell me when the shipper can come to your place
> > >and pick up the Prince CTS Storm from you.
> > > I will like to hear from you as soon as possible.
> > >Thank you
> > >Stacy

Richie Rich
06-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Below is my experience with Stacy Moore, i took the money orders to the bank and they said they were not good. They came to me in a plain brown envelope postmakrked Nigeria and no sign of who sent the envelope or the money orders.. Be careful

wonder if you took the m/o to one of those payday advance places if they would cash them for their 3% fee? you never know if someone stupid is working behind the counter!!