PDA

View Full Version : clubs in san jose

str33t
05-10-2006, 02:49 PM
are there any indoor coutrs / clubs where I can join and get lessons from ?

DX_Psycho
05-10-2006, 03:44 PM
santa clara golf and tennis club
clubsport
decathlon club

10S_Playr
05-17-2006, 11:26 AM
To my knowledge clubsport pleasanton is the only place nearby with an indoor court. That said, there isn't much need for an indoor court in the SJ area.

Other clubs: Almaden Valley Athletic club, San Jose Swim and Racquet, Almaden Swim and Racquet, Courtside Club, Los Gatos Swim and Racquet, Kona Kai, Sunnyvale Tennis Center

str33t
05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
is the almaden valley athletic club good ? cuz i was thinking of going there for the summer

bigbanger
05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
there isn't much need for an indoor court in the SJ area.

You obviously didn't spend much time in the SJ area this winter :)

bigbanger
05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
To my knowledge clubsport pleasanton is the only place nearby with an indoor court.

Courtside Club in Los Gatos has three indoor courts.

10S_Playr
05-21-2006, 04:56 PM
is the almaden valley athletic club good ? cuz i was thinking of going there for the summer

I've been a member there for a few years, I think the pros there are pretty good. They do a variety of programs for juniors and kids, along with the typical group and individual classes for both adults and juniors. Of course, the most important thing is how you "connect" with the pro and his style, so meet several and try them out to see who fits best for you.

10S_Playr
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
You obviously didn't spend much time in the SJ area this winter :)

Oh, I endured the rainy season....but having previously lived in snow country - where you REALLY need indoor courts - a few weeks of rain isn't as bad.

buddythelion
10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I used to go to a club in Almaden. I think it was called the Almaden racquet and swim club. I remember on the sign there is a whale. It has a few courts but it's all outside.