PDA

View Full Version : Thank you tournagrip.

Coda
06-30-2004, 07:19 PM
I use tournagrip...short story. I went to Hawaii for a week, I played everyday for a few hours in that hot, very humid weather. I sweat more than any person I know and yet, the one tacky tournagrip I used held up until the last day of play (after a total of 20 hrs of play). Thanks to tournagrip!

Eug
06-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Damn! I'm the complete opposite. I dont sweat at all but when I used tournagrip, I replaced it every 2 or 3 days of play. It would start tearing on me and get a bit slippery. I currently use Forten overgrips. They are ok.

Coda
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
I think they are like chamois, the more you sweat, the bigger and more durable they get, enabling more sweat to be absorbed.

Eug
07-01-2004, 04:26 AM
I do agree tournagrip is the best grip for pretty much everyone but the durability gets in the way for some. The Forten grips I use last a very very long time.

WilsonPSSurgeX
07-03-2004, 08:38 AM
wilson pro are the best grips ive used

Kid A
07-25-2004, 05:24 PM
I used Tourna for awhile and liked it except for the durability everyone talks about. Even when playing lightly I found after a week or less I did not like the feel of it. I switched to Wilson Pro, haven't looked back since...

PHSTennis
07-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Tourna... That thing rips during my first set... by the end of the first day its useless, I dont sweat at all.. The Wilson Pro on the other hand... I bought a 3-pack one day and love it, have been using that for a year now... grip only has to be changed once every 1-2 weeks.. Awesome feel!

Eug
07-26-2004, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if any of you tried the Forten overgrips I use? The ones that come in a big jar. You like them? How does it compare to wilson pro?