PDA

View Full Version : Heaviest ball, highest jumping ball which ones?

jackson vile
05-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I am wondering what brand and type of tennis balls are the heaviest, fastest, highest jumping ect

I prefer the really heavy and small penn I can't remember which one so I am looking for some help.

My wife prefers ones that bounce the highest when hit soft thanks

jackson vile
05-12-2006, 09:35 AM
26 view and now opinions?

theJuniorACE
05-12-2006, 10:06 AM
26 view and now opinions?

lol
yes now opinions
well i dont no wat penns you are looking for,
but i use dunlop Grand Prixs and theyr pretty heavy
last extremely long,
probably the best available here in the states and in the world for that matter(hopefully these will become the new roland garros ball),
but luckily for me, im in nyc and theres 1 store that offers Slazenger balls, which are a little beter than dunlop(mite be the same cuz theyr the same company and everythings made in the same factory jus labeled for each branch)
but i dont no, the slazs just play that much better

jackson vile
05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I was thinking of buy a box of those as they last so long, we play the balls until they are dead and won't bounce:mrgreen:

Now how about the ball with most bounce?:confused:

mislav
05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Now how about the ball with most bounce?:confused:
Dunlop Roland Garros! No question. Of all the balls I've tried they bounce the most.

Lindros13
06-03-2006, 06:27 AM
where do you buy the slaz balls in NYC?

blubber
06-03-2006, 08:16 AM
As for cheaper balls I find that Dunlop Hard Court or All Court balls are a bit heavier and much bouncier than brands such as Penn. I've also used Dunlop Grand Prixs, they have good bounce and are definetly heavier than other balls. Go with the Grand Prixs if you can, they last quite a long time too.

snoflewis
06-03-2006, 12:25 PM
dunlop grand prix are the most durable and heaviest that i've tried to date.

as for fastest, i'd probably have to say prince tour balls. they're extremely light and very fast.

thejackal
06-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Penn ATP are pretty fast. Dunlops are slow.

jackson vile
06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
I got the Dunlops and I could not be happier, heavy, great bounce, would not mind it being smaller though

Lagger
06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Wilson's Titanium balls are one of the heaviest balls I've ever hit.....

Fatmike
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
from Tennis magasine, gamma pro tour are the fastest.

check latest copy of the mag, they compare 6 kinds of balls

Fatmike
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Wilson's Titanium balls are one of the heaviest balls I've ever hit.....

ever try babolat pressureless? they are like rocks...

Federer The Beast :)
06-08-2006, 09:33 AM
I am wondering what brand and type of tennis balls are the heaviest, fastest, highest jumping ect

I prefer the really heavy and small penn I can't remember which one so I am looking for some help.

My wife prefers ones that bounce the highest when hit soft thanksWhy do you want what you want? Are you resorting to greater ball pace by the means of assisitance from the equipment, rather than practice? ;)

06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Dunlop Roland Garros! No question. Of all the balls I've tried they bounce the most.Are those tournanment legal? If so, I might use those too.

06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Wilson's Titanium balls are one of the heaviest balls I've ever hit.....Those ball don't pop that easily, you know . . . that pop sound.

Lagger
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
ever try babolat pressureless? they are like rocks...

I'm talking game balls, not practice balls....

Lagger
06-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Those ball don't pop that easily, you know . . . that pop sound.

That pop sound is not the ball, but a result of how hard & how clean you come in contact with the sweet spot of the racquet.

Still not sure what your trying to gain with a better 'pop' sound.....psychological preferrence? :mrgreen:

06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
That pop sound is not the ball, but a result of how hard & how clean you come in contact with the sweet spot of the racquet.

Still not sure what your trying to gain with a better 'pop' sound.....psychological preferrence? :mrgreen:NO. It's not "just" the racquet and making clean contact! It's ALSO the type of ball!

How else do you think DEAD BALLS make loud pops? Do people just mysteriously happen to hit dead balls better? No! The ball's physical properties ALSO plays a huge role in the decibal level!

Also, I never said that I wanted to "gain" anything from a loud pop. I just said that it occurs less with the titanium balls.

Lagger
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
NO. It's not "just" the racquet and making clean contact! It's ALSO the type of ball!

How else do you think DEAD BALLS make loud pops? Do people just mysteriously happen to hit dead balls better? No! The ball's physical properties ALSO plays a huge role in the decibal level!

Also, I never said that I wanted to "gain" anything from a loud pop. I just said that it occurs less with the titanium balls.

OK Bill Nye, so which of the ball's physical properties determines the decibel frequency of each 'pop'? Is it the Nitrogen or Titanium, you tell me :mrgreen:

Not that I've noticed or even really cared what each kind of ball's 'pop' sounds like, but it's good to know Beast, thank you :cool: