PDA

View Full Version : n90 or n95

06-30-2004, 09:51 PM
right now I'am using the 6.0 95 and find it a bit unstable, and light(swing weight wise). I have tried almost all the players racquets out there but can't seem to get away from the wilsons. recently i demoed the hps 6.1 and the tour 90 to help me decide which of the new ncodes would be better(to me they are both a tad to stiff but i hoped they were close enough to get an idea.)

i thought the tour 90 was great, i had minimal problems with the moverability, i thought it had good spin and control. the only con's i could see was the stiffness(not bad for me but a little risky with a past wrist injury) and maybe a bit under powered when i was on defense and need to go for a clean winner.

The 6.1 felt great in my hand, its swing weight and just the way it felt moving it was great. the only con i can see for me with it was i had a little trouble with touch shots and other finesse shots at times.(almost felt a little hallow.)

Well my ? is does the n90 or n95 sound better for me?
Is the slimmed weight of the new n95 compared to the hps6.1 have any negative effects on it(i don't want less stability than my 6.095)?
If you compared the n95 and the hps6.1 in these categories how would each fair: comfort,stability,plow through, touch, and spin?

My game style or how i like to play is all-court, semi-western forehand,2hnded backhand, i serve 1st flat and second kick(tour 90 hurt me there at times) i guess im 4.0-4.5. I like to work my opponents around with spin and angle.

The things that are most important to me is more stability and more plow through than the 6.095.(a tad more power than the 6.0 might be good also as long as its controllable)

I know this is a lot of ?'s but if anyone can answer anything i would really appreciate it because any feedback might help me decide.

Thanks

07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
does the new n90 have more power than the tour 90?

CliffH
07-03-2004, 05:51 PM
hey 16: I had my heart set on the n95 but I hit with the n90 today
and I love it!
I still have to hit with the n95 but couldn't put the n90 down.
The thing about the n90 is the return to the box construction of the old prostaffs: the n95 is the newer rounded design which I don't find has as much control.
The search has begun, just like your's!Let's see if the n95 is better.
It does not appear to be as serious a classic racquet design.
Two things for surefor the n90: better than my classic6.1 and more fun!

07-03-2004, 07:30 PM
thanks for the reply. I have decided to get the n90 but unfortunitly it will not be in till 7/20 according to tw. But the nice thing is my dad got the n95 and will pick it up whenever we go up to return our demos so i might be able to try it to soon.
Thinking it over every racquet i've ever liked has had a box beam (classic style) so i decided to go with whats familiar to me.

CliffH
07-03-2004, 09:32 PM
congrats 16.
Probably the right choice.
pro at my club loved the n90 & thought the n95 was only average.
He's ordering the n90. He thought that it was alot better than the
tour90 and easier to use.

!<-_->!
07-03-2004, 09:50 PM
If you liked the Tour 90, but found it too stiff, then the nCode Tour should fit you nicely. It's nearly the same, but less stiff. But since you already decided, I hope you enjoy the racquet.

07-03-2004, 11:25 PM
im glad to here that it sounds like wilson decided to fix what i think was just about there only flaw in the prostaff line."the stiffness". while keeping that unique wilson feel.

(can't wait to hit with it)