PDA

View Full Version : Prince String Expert Needed

aceindahole2K5
03-02-2004, 02:31 PM
can someone compare for me the Prince line of strings? Just to other simmilar playing strings on the market, or however you wanna do it..... specifically Wrapsure 17, Perfection 17 and Perfection Control 17........thanks in advance

Rocky Top
03-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Alrighty then, here are my comments on the higher end strings...

Have not used/strung Premier, so perhaps someone else can help.

More Feel is probably one of the most elastic strings you will ever run across. Very unique & springy.

I prefer the original Perfection to Sweet Perfection becasue it is a little firmer. Both are excellent multis, comparable to Technifibre TRC (P) and NRG (SP).

Wrapsure is a very underrated multi IMO and a great value at the price. Soft and holds tension well. I liked Attitude slightly less (partly because of its looks), but at $4 that is a great deal.

I am no a fan of Powerglide; seems to wear very quickly. I have had to do some discounted restrings due to premature breakage and tension loss complaints on this string.

Other good strings in the Prince line include PSG Original (very crisp) & Polygut (good price, and better than most basic polys in that range).

I would stay away from Perfection Control at all costs. Just a bizarre string from all aspects - stringing, tension, feel. Don't worry about tension drop, because it will feel like it has NO tension to start with. Impossible to get to lay straight in the pattern. Gets my vote as one of the worst 5 strings of the past 10 years.

edge
03-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the review, Rocky. Did you like the MOre Feel better than the Perfection?

Jay Welvaert
03-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I pesonally didnt like perfection control that much. The strings never sit right(when you string them you can straighten the strings out) although the outer wrap thing for extra topspin did help with the topspin the string just didnt have that much power or feel at all. The more feel is good and very arm friendly and elastic. It is very good in a combo with poly mains and more feel in the crosses

Rocky Top
03-05-2004, 09:36 AM
edge - I think it's all in what you are looking for. The Original Perfection is crisper than More Feel, which is why I like it a littel better. More feel is softer and more lively IMO, but a little too springy feeling for my tastes. Hope that helps!

Robert Jones
04-19-2004, 11:30 PM
can someone compare for me the Prince line of strings? Just to other simmilar playing strings on the market, or however you wanna do it..... specifically Wrapsure 17, Perfection 17 and Perfection Control 17........thanks in advance

I have recently run the Prince string course.

Synthetic gut - Medium power, decent feel, medium spin not a bad string.

Perfection control 17 (Control freak) - Good to great control, seems to loose tension fast. Will not lay straight in the bed, but that really did not bother me too much.

Perfection 16 - Better control than P. control 17. Is a stiff multifiliment that will lay straight in the string bed. Not the same as the control perfection this is a much better string. It is great for spin. My fav string so far.

Premier - Very soft multifiliment. Great cushion, great power. Poor control, poor feel, poor spin. I rank this as the worst string I have ever tried.