PDA

View Full Version : slow motion narrated analysis

BeachTennis
05-12-2006, 08:44 AM
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2yFf2N7wQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2yFf2N7wQ)

Almost 12 year old junior player revamps total game

A personalized training tape is a slow motion narrated analysis of the essential strokes and an on-court review to summarize the specific recommendations made during the critique. The diagnostic evealuation is based on sound logic and proven scientific principles. The tape clearly explains and demonstrates an accelerated process for you to, simply, "get better."

This is the before and the after coming soon!

Here is the new video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfhavuZn9KQ

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Is that you narrating, Erik?

BeachTennis
05-12-2006, 04:08 PM
That is Steve Smith

aka

TennisSmith

http://www.tennissmith.com

BeachTennis
05-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to your feedback!

TennisAsAlways
05-12-2006, 06:39 PM
BB what about this one ? Looking forward to your feedback!Are you teasing the lion? Are you just asking for criticism? LOL

jamauss
05-12-2006, 06:44 PM
That girl was pretty good for her age - how old...10?

Bungalo Bill
05-12-2006, 06:56 PM
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2yFf2N7wQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2yFf2N7wQ)

A personalized training tape is a slow motion narrated analysis of the essential strokes and an on-court review to summarize the specific recommendations made during the critique. The diagnostic evealuation is based on sound logic and proven scientific principles. The tape clearly explains and demonstrates an accelerated process for you to, simply, "get better."

Well what do you know, a wrist release.

BeachTennis
05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
The after is coming soon !

This video is of her being very sloppy.

The new stuff is on its way.

This will be fun.

Remeber is all about fun!

BeachTennis
05-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Here is the new video with better grips and swings all around game improved in 5 month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfhavuZn9KQ

Looking forward to the review and feedback

RiosTheGenius
05-13-2006, 10:10 AM
That girl was pretty good for her age - how old...10?
I think she's good too.... but I think an 8 yr old seles would kick her rear end around pretty good. but at 12 there's plenty of time for improvement. let's not forget that Mary Pierce grabbed a racquet for the first time around that age.

and BTW... is that the Crandon Park in Key Byscaine that video??... what's that stadium in the back on video #2?

BeachTennis
05-13-2006, 11:21 AM
That is Legend Field !

Winter Home of tThe Yankees

35ft6
05-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't get it. Beachtennis goes on about looking forward to feedback, then pretty much ignores almost all the feedback. On other boards he would be considered a spammer.

goober
05-13-2006, 11:52 AM
What was he saying on the end of the second video when the girl was serving that her back foot was too far back and it was giving her a false sense of body rotation? I actually put my foot back in that position, should I be putting it closer?

TennisAsAlways
05-13-2006, 12:54 PM
At least he is ACTUALLY mentioning things that have to do with "REAL" tennis rather than beach tennis. He "may" be starting to get the gist of things around here (maybe not...who knows).

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-13-2006, 01:49 PM
I appreciate Erik's, posts. I have learned a lot from him, for example, from the links he prvovided, the people he mentions, the schools he mentions etc. (e.g. I never knew who Tennis Smith was until he told me! Useful things like that!). Funny guy too!

Bungalo Bill
05-13-2006, 01:52 PM
At least he is ACTUALLY mentioning things that have to do with "REAL" tennis rather than beach tennis. He "may" be starting to get the gist of things around here (maybe not...who knows).

That is true, but geeez come on, enough with the misdirected posts. Isn't that why we have "ODDS AND ENDS"? For people who are odd? That is where people go to make sense out of life isn't it? ;)

shindemac
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I think he wants us to play the "what would you do if you were a tennis instructor for a day" game. There's no point to critique a before video since they've already changed.

shindemac
05-13-2006, 06:39 PM
After watching the videos, some things look better, some the same. She slowed down her forehand, and looks like she hits with higher net clearance. Her backhand looks almost the same. Her slice is different, but I can't say it's any better. Volleys are much better, but she looks stiff and unnatural doing it. For the most part, overheads look much better - better form. She does have some bad ones, but when she gets it right, it looks good. Her serve, I can't comment on the after. But it still needs a lot of work.

So do these girls actually hit with another player, or is it feeding all the time? I guess you can't expect much of a rally, since they aren't that good yet.

RiosTheGenius
05-13-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't get it. Beachtennis goes on about looking forward to feedback, then pretty much ignores almost all the feedback. On other boards he would be considered a spammer.
yeah, that's right.... he asks for feedback but has not answered one single comment yet. is he even reading this stuff???

BeachTennis
05-14-2006, 09:37 AM
The question has been asked of my intent for being here. It is all about sharing with others knowledge, instruction and wisdom!

knowl·edge
n.
1. The state or fact of knowing.
2. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
3. The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
4. Learning; erudition: teachers of great knowledge.
5. Specific information about something.
6. Carnal knowledge.
in·struc·tion
n.
1. The act, practice, or profession of instructing.
a. Imparted knowledge.
Meaning #1: a message describing how something is to be done
Meaning #2: the activities of educating or instructing or teaching; activities that impart knowledge or skill
Meaning #3: the profession of a teacher
b. An imparted or acquired item of knowledge; a lesson.
wisdom
n
Definition: insight, common sense
Antonyms: ignorance, stupidity

I have waited years for this time to come when I could create a data base of video stock and footage to share with the world ! Each and every video I post has meaning and purpose!

Thanks

Phil
05-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I have waited years for this time to come when I could create a data base of video stock and footage to share with the world ! Each and every video I post has meaning and purpose!

Thanks

Says you...get off the happy pills and get a job, you BUM!

Bungalo Bill
05-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Says you...get off the happy pills and get a job, you BUM!

LOL, terrible video as well.

BeachTennis
05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I think he wants us to play the "what would you do if you were a tennis instructor for a day" game. There's no point to critique a before video since they've already changed.

Just pointing out that people can change for the better!

BeachTennis
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
LOL, terrible video as well.

You seem to have some real book smarts and come off as well read.

I belive this is some great video of a player making changes after years of poor coaching!

Her future is much brighter now that she has made the changes!

bb do you have any video of you teaching a lesson?

would love to see it!

Bungalo Bill
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
bb do you have any video of you teaching a lesson?

would love to see it!

And if I do, what is it going to do????? Why would I want to go convert my video and purchase a board and do that for you? Are you worth it? Am I proving something to you? If Vic Braden had me teach at his college and John Yandell has me working with him, is there something wrong?

Or is that you simply don't like someone challenging you? Tell you what, let's see you offer good tips and advice. Write out your response and let's see if you can put what you know in writing.

Why don't you give Vic a call and talk to him.

BeachTennis
05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
And if I do, what is it going to do????? Why would I want to go convert my video and purchase a board and do that for you? Are you worth it? Am I proving something to you? If Vic Braden had me teach at his college and John Yandell has me working with him, is there something wrong?

Or is that you simply don't like someone challenging you? Tell you what, let's see you offer good tips and advice. Write out your response and let's see if you can put what you know in writing.

Why don't you give Vic a call and talk to him.

Wow when I was much younger I had the chance to work with Vic's posse and was amazed at the toads that worked for him! People that could not play nor teach! Yes there were a lot of book smart folks!

The point is you keep busting me left and right!

Funny thing about you is when I go back and read all 5,000 plus post that you have posted there is always a % of negative post!

I never attacked you yet you are always so aggressive after me! Why that is I have no clue! Could be you are stuck in some crap job making lots of $$$$$ and hate it! Could be you wishing you still were a USPTA professional!

Pay your Dues man! Wow read somewhere you don't pay your dues anymore!

Should pay them for the insurance benefits! (Just in case someone gets hurt after reading one of your tips here and sues you)

I was always taught as a kid if you don't have any thing nice to say, don't say it!

Never has been my style to attack one on a message board!

The funny thing is this is motivating me to post and post more “dumb” stuff!

Bungalo Bill
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow when I was much younger I had the chance to work with Vic's posse and was amazed at the toads that worked for him! People that could not play nor teach! Yes there were a lot of book smart folks!

Well then I guess you would fit right in - except of course the book smarts. But being as dumb as you are, it is pretty darn clear you can't teach either, your "very own" students have ridiculous backswings! Solving that is EXTREMELY SIMPLE!!!!!!!!

The point is you keep busting me left and right!

Ahhh, never hurts to get a good solid kick in the pants. So quit your crying.

Funny thing about you is when I go back and read all 5,000 plus post that you have posted there is always a % of negative post!

Never would deny that. Keep reading though you might learn a few things about tennis.

I never attacked you yet you are always so aggressive after me! Why that is I have no clue! Could be you are stuck in some crap job making lots of $$$$$ and hate it! Could be you wishing you still were a USPTA professional!

Wishing? Not really. I enjoy very much what I am doing So yes, I love what I do and think it is fascinating. I also enjoy helping people for free online as I have done for years here.

Not attacking, just asking you to post something useful and respond with useful comments and provide useful feedbacks that actually make sense. Sorry, you take it as an attack but you also are guility as well. :)

Pay your Dues man! Wow read somewhere you don't pay your dues anymore!

Nah, I would rather keep the money. But I might have to pretty soon as much as I don't want to.

Should pay them for the insurance benefits! (Just in case someone gets hurt after reading one of your tips here and sues you)

Yeah, I should just in case. You never know with all those "wild" ideas I have come up with. lol

I was always taught as a kid if you don't have any thing nice to say, don't say it!

I was taught as a kid, when someone says something stupid over and over again, knock em' upside the head to wake them up. Consider this your wake up call. BOINK!!!:p

Never has been my style to attack one on a message board!

Yeah, the ol' innocent me, poor me, poor me, and that big ol' meanie BB. Take note, you are doing it now! Read above!

The funny thing is this is motivating me to post and post more “dumb” stuff!

Great! Keep posting and I will keep commenting! As long as you just admited that your stuff is indeed dumb, I am okay with that! :)

Ash_Smith
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Beach - question for you

How come all of your players have exactly the same technique after a few lessons with you? (yet the technique is still flawed in places)

Actually two questions

Why can't any of your players his cross-court?

Rickson
05-16-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know about him; he seems to like little girls a lot!

dannyjjang
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
i've seen better girls....about 10 year old ..her ground stroke is accurate than mine.,.