PDA

View Full Version : when to back hand slice

fuzzy1
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
this is prob a not so smart of a qeustion but what all should the back hand slice be used for and when should it be used any comments are appreciated

tpe11etier
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
When your opponent is lazy and doesn't like to bend.

When your opponent prefers pace.

Approach shots.

DrewRafter8
05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
I love to hit my bh slice on short balls so that I can approach. I also use it for drop shots at the baseline and when my opponent does not respond well to slice.

jackson vile
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
I usually drop the ball when it slows down too much, other wise if the ball is too low slice, opponent has a back hand that can't handle low balls, and then kick it up to their back hand side on forhands.

If you slice for aproach shots it will feel really natural and the thing is that you can not return a slice from the back hand side with great pace, so you are all set up to drive it down when it comes your way.

jamauss
05-12-2006, 12:25 PM
When your opponent is lazy and doesn't like to bend.

When your opponent prefers pace.

Approach shots.

All of the above, plus when you have a tall opponent. It's harder for them to hit low balls, it seems. I also like to use it for drop volleys at the net.

kevhen
05-12-2006, 12:26 PM
When stretched out, when approaching net, when opponent doesn't like slice.

Marius_Hancu
05-12-2006, 12:27 PM
did anyone mention topspin balls coming high to your BH?

jamauss
05-12-2006, 12:45 PM
did anyone mention topspin balls coming high to your BH?
ahh, good catch Marius.

I tend to slice overhead smashes to my backhand that are within reach, too. Not that they turn out to be low shots, in fact, they end up more like a slice lob. However, I find that I get many more of those shots in than when I try to hit a topspin shot off an overhead to my backhand. I don't like to test the odds. ;)

DrewRafter8
05-12-2006, 12:48 PM
I think that many of "us" who use two handed backhands with a one handed slice also hit that slice whenever we are stretched out on the backhand. Or at least I do.

fuzzy1
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
thank u for all of ur replies