PDA

View Full Version : Played w/ my new nCode six-one 95" today!

BHud
07-01-2004, 04:34 AM
In a word...WOW! If you like Pro Staffs, this one is killer. If you haven't historically played with Pro Staffs, give this one a try. It plays very similar to the HPS 6.1, but with some very distinct differences:

1) although similar in specs, the racquet felt much more maneuverable...I could really get some good head speed going.

2) more forgiving...seemed like it had a larger sweet spot...not as harsh on off-center hits.

3) although I would describe it as slightly "muted" as compared to the HPS 6.1, I thought the overall feel was better...I could certainly feel what I was doing on touch shots and driving volleys/groundstrokes.

In my opinion (after having played primarily w/ a POG for the past 9 months), this racquet combines the characteristics I like in both the POG and the HPS 6.1 into one unique package. Definitely worth a demo! :D :twisted: :D :twisted:

SC in MA
07-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the write up BHud, and especially for comparing it to the HPS61. Since I currently hit with the HPS 6.1 and like its playing characteristics, the nCode 61 95 sounds like a stick I should really try. Thanks again for giving this comparison.

In another thread, http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?p=61777#61777 , womackD (a Classic 61 user) had difficulties serving with this nCode. " i am having a horrible time finding a groove on serve with this racket. Power, placement, spin, no where to be found.. "

Can you give some feedback on serving with the nCode61 95? Are you having any similar difficulties serving with it ?

Also, did you get a chance to hit with the nCode61 90 ?

TIA.

BHud
07-01-2004, 06:14 AM
I had no trouble serving...of course I've been playing with similar 12oz+ sticks w/ swingweights in the 328-332 range, so I didn't expect much of a difference. I have no idea what the person you refer to currently plays with, but as w/ most racquets, there is generally a 2-3 week adjustment period.

I haven't tried the 90" and probably won't...I'm a 45 year old 4.5/5.0 player and need the extra forgiveness of a midplus.

BTW...I had it strung w/ Wilson NXT 17 @ 52 lbs. I will probably take it up to mid-tension next time to add a bit more control.

SC in MA
07-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks BHud. I'm glad to hear you don't have a problem serving with it. The other fellow uses a PS 6.1 Classic, so I was surprised he had such a problem.

I hear what you're saying about wanting the extra forgiveness of the 95. I'm probably delusional thinking I could go back to a smaller head size.

I'm now getting very tempted to just go ahead and make my purchase now without demoing. Based on what I've read, I can't see how I would not like this frame. The only other frame I'm now thinking about is the LM Prestige, which has gotten such high praise with the characteristics I like, including being a great serving racket. Decisions, decisions ! :-)

Thanks again.

BHud
07-01-2004, 11:47 AM
FYI - the TW review is spot on...with the exception that I personally returned serve well with it. While it has the stability of a 12oz+ racquet, I was able to get around quicker, especially on my one-handed backhand. It sure doesn't feel like the swingweight is 330...more like mid 320s.

ClemsonTennis9
07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
does anyone know if it is stiff or flexible?

BHud
07-01-2004, 01:16 PM
More flexible than the other Pro Staffs (6.0s, Classic 6.1, HPS 6.1).