PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Review Question

Power Game
07-01-2004, 05:52 AM
On your review for the Head LM Prestige Mid I noticed you talk about its dense string pattern quite often. IN your opinion how much difference is there between LM prestige mid and a hypothetical LM prestige mid 16x19?
Thanks

TW Staff
07-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Well, the hypothetical racquet would have fewer strings in it. Apart from that, I canít compare a racquet with one that doesnít exist.

Chris, TW.

Power Game
07-01-2004, 12:25 PM
I did a search on the racquet finder, and I found that the Diablo (with an open pattern) has similar specs. Can you compare the spin potential of each for me please.
Thank you I greatly appreciate it

TW Staff
07-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Power Game,
I really liked both of these racquets and was able to hit a good amount of spin with both. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the Diablo for topspin, but the LM Prestige for slice. Those picks stand for both groundstrokes and serves. The racquets also have a very different feel. The Diablo felt like it had more of a crisp response from the frame and more lively feeling off the strings. The LM Prestige felt more dampened in the frame with a more controlled feel off the strings. There is also a big difference in the shape of the handle of each racquet, and this is something you should experience before selecting one over the other. I think you should demo both of these great racquets to see which best fits your needs.

Chris, TW.

Power Game
07-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much