PDA

View Full Version : Video of me serving... anyone wanna rate it?

zsword331
05-12-2006, 11:29 PM
ok. i admit it. i ****ed up. sorry. i know u all hate me

andyroddick's mojo
05-13-2006, 12:33 AM
how old/tall are you? you looked kinda young in the video, but i don't know cause it went by too quickly. Seems like an okay serve, I don't thinkit looks like roddick's windup, cause you used a traditional wind up, while roddick brings his racket up with the ball, without that long windup behind him.

wyutani
05-13-2006, 12:36 AM
what's ur height? what's ur height? i wanna know ur height!!!!

Fuzzless
05-13-2006, 06:32 AM
sorry, i can't really see anything

equinox
05-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Seriously with your talent you must turn pro immediately. To do anything else would be a monumental waste of talent.

35ft6
05-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Your serve looks good. At first, there seemed to be something strange about your motion. After watching it a second time, I realized it was the way your left arm comes down to hang straight at your side during your swing. You should tuck it into your body more, you'll be able to generate way more torque. But it looks good. Your high school team must be pretty good if you're only JV.

jackofromalsager
05-13-2006, 12:08 PM
whats a jv?

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-13-2006, 12:27 PM
whats a jv?Javelin thrower. He is a javelineer and tennis player for his school.

drakulie
05-13-2006, 02:31 PM
whats a jv?

"jv"= Junior Varsity.

arnz
05-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, its gonna be hard for people to comment since the quality of your video is very bad...

zsword331
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
yea i know the video looks crappy... but like... yep.

as for my hieght, i'm about 5'3" to 5'4" (im short. T_T)

but... i think it's an ok serve. i need abetter video tho.

zsword331
05-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Seriously with your talent you must turn pro immediately. To do anything else would be a monumental waste of talent.

wow... how very kind of u. (jk. i know youre kidding about that)

lol. i DO suck! erm.. our varsity sucks. our JV REALLY sucks
^ in the end... what was meant to be a light joke turned into a real pandora's box.

MoneyBall
05-14-2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38i5DXuzkm0

This is a video of me kick/topspin serving at practice one day. um... the serve DID go in, but u can't see... the ball... -ahem-

anyways, i modeled the serve after roddick and sampras. the stance and windup are similar to roddicks, but the toss and -pidgeon toe raise- are modeled after sampras. heh...

i'm a J.V. player who has dependable groundstrokes, but an inconsisten serve... so.. what do u think?

The reason why you have an inconsistent serve is that your wine up is not very stable. You need to hold the trophy position a tad longer so you can maximize your shoulder rotation. Your left arm also needs to be more tucked in as you finish. Practice hitting up as well. Don't go 100 percent. Go 50, then work your way up slowly. In time you'll grow taller and become an ace.

Bungalo Bill
05-14-2006, 10:57 PM
After watching it a second time, I realized it was the way your left arm comes down to hang straight at your side during your swing. You should tuck it into your body more, you'll be able to generate way more torque.

BINGO! Dead arm. Like 35ft has said, you need to bring the arm in to accelerate the shoulder rotation and hitting arm. You need to achieve a completely uninhibited shoulder stretch with the hitting arm. Bring the tossing arm in with a bit more torso power and let the hitting arm SLING up to the ball. Keep all efforts going up and out including you head and when you see the blur of your arm go by.

This will give you even more power. Also, as you get better at hitting cleanly and on time, it will feel like butter.

sandiegotennisboy
05-14-2006, 11:05 PM
it looks sloppy with no real weight transfer. tossing arm is moving away from your torso. look like a lot of arm.

zsword331
05-15-2006, 03:03 PM
heh... very cold with words, arent you?

o well. it's true. it a lot of arm. but there is SOME weight transfer, or else i wouldnt have gotten into the court. anyways, don't expect much, i'm only on junior varsity, and im short. spin all the way.

35ft6
05-15-2006, 05:07 PM
BINGO! Dead arm. Like 35ft has said, you need to bring the arm in to accelerate the shoulder rotation and hitting arm. I think this is one of the BIGGEST differences between an advanced player and a beginner or intermediate, the way the better players use their non racket to arm redistribute their body weight in a way as to have better balance and generate more torque. I'm pretty sure a lot of us can see a video that's nothing more than a close up of the non-racket arm (no head, right arm, stomach, lets, etc) of a player and guess with great accuracy how good they are.

Bungalo Bill
05-15-2006, 05:32 PM
I think this is one of the BIGGEST differences between an advanced player and a beginner or intermediate, the way the better players use their non racket to arm redistribute their body weight in a way as to have better balance and generate more torque.

Very well said, and very true. Even coaches dont emphasize the use or the importance of the non-dominant arm unless the player is hitting a twohanded backhand.

So many 3.5's will hit a ball using the non-dominant hand on the first shot and then drop it to their side for all subsequent shots!

On the serve, you are dead on in the lack of use or its importance. But when you finally get it, there is no turning back.

Of course, as we age, our bodies aren't as responsive as they once were so some of the elasticity leaves. Lately, I have been finding this out the hard way. :)

DX_Psycho
05-15-2006, 10:12 PM
elvin, it's viet. if you need some help with your serve, why don't you ask aroud. I could easily point out what's wrong with your serve.

anyways, from seeing you play at school, i think your serves are ok, but you put too much emphasis on power. i can easily return your biggest serve and even that does not have that much of a chance of going in. i'd say work on your consistency before your power.

and about skill, i don't think you're the top 10 in JV honestly. you've got a long ways to go. if you play all summer you might be top JV but i think you're underestimating varsity and overestimating yourself. don't count your chickens before they hatch.

RiosTheGenius
05-15-2006, 10:42 PM
you mention similarities with Sampras and Roddick... truthfully, I don't see one bit of either one of them in your serve.
if I had to guess who you modeled your serve after.... I would probably say Pat Rafter... the way you kinda come with it... it reminds me of Rafter a bit.

BorHor
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
our varsity sucks. our JV REALLY sucks

:-| Reading that makes me wonder why you are on the team.

Okay, back on topic.. learn to control that ball before you go out on power. If you watch the varsity players' play you will see it is control before power.

You know who this is.

Also im with viet.. you are not one of the top JV, but you can get there with work.

Henerwee
05-15-2006, 10:53 PM

i just happen to be one of the better jv. in terms of skills and like... flashiness, i'm one of the top ones. but when it comes to mental toughness and consistency... -gulp- hehh....

as for age, im 16. heh... i'm hoping to go for varsity next year.
The team lost a majority of it's varsity players from the previous year so many of the younger developing players had to fill in for them... I believe that the current varsity has a bit of talent but needs a little more time to develop their games. To say they suck, I find a bit offensive. I agree with Viet that you shouldn't underestimate the team, especially for someone who didn't even make the team a couple years back. As for the serve I would also work on the consistency for now.

shindemac
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM
You know what? Everyone thinks everyone else sucks, and they think they can beat them. I mean, who honestly thinks they are one of the worst players. It's no surprise coming from your teammates. But the irony is, if everyone thinks they are the top dog, well there can only be one! So what else is new?

mashima12o
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM
If I remeber right... you didn't make a single serve in while begging the chicks to record you serving. :neutral:

I'm a bit surpised about how much you talk about being top JV when you challenged up and failed each time. Don't act like you stand out alone from the rest of the team. You don't realize how much pressure the varsity has to go through. JV games doesn't count or even gets recorded. When you play a varsity game, you'll realize how much your performance will make or break the team. I played only one varsity game and it's just mind boggling. It doesn't take skills alone or relying on a huge forehand or huge serve.

Lastly, just stop squeeking when you miss a ball...it sorta gets...annoying :(

Hate me if you want I'm just telling you my opinion. If you dont want to hear it, then ignore it.

Raymond Bao

sandiegotennisboy
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
oh oh youre in trouble. thats what you get for talking smack about your team/teammates. now ur on the hitlist. they joined ttw just to respond, haha. better get working on that serve pronto, lol.

HolyCa0
05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
I Agree with the rest of the team about you not being in Top 10 JV.And Yes , it is very hurtful saying we all suck.

And the thing about the way you play , is that you always like to kill the ball. Maybe try slowing down and AIM , maybe then you'll have a better swing?The way I see it , you love power way too much.But hey , thats just the way I see it.

That Reminds me , i don't think i ever seen you win a game.

So Mr " Roddick " , Maybe i'll bring you a Pin . So we can pop that big head of yours

DX_Psycho
05-15-2006, 11:46 PM
great, looks like i opened a can of worms.

sandiegotennisboy
05-15-2006, 11:48 PM
wow, this is really embarassing. i wouldnt be able to face my team if i ever said anything like this....

how can you say that your team sucks when youre trying to play for that team (or earn a spot in it), and also when you havent won your challenges to move up.

you should apologize. one of the kids was nice enough to offer help. i feel bad for your team for getting disrespected like that. good luck to you too.

BorHor
05-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes, you did open a can of worms. But the fact is that people were not happy with what he said. So... Elvin, think before you speak or type. And guys I think we bashed him enough on this one so be kind and just help him out now.

MoneyBall
05-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey Dude (elvin I think?). When I first read this thread I chuckled a lot. Okay I busted out laughing. Then I felt a little sorry for you. Maybe you deserve it because of your self proclaimed flashiness, roddickness and disrespect of the team.

If I were you, I make it my mission to get better strokes and get physically and mentally stronger (if needed, I suggest growth hormones & steriods). Work my *** off everyday, (make it like football hell week everyday this summer). By next season take over the number one spot in varsity, this might be an impossible goal but it's your solo hope for redemption.

tennisadict
05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
great, looks like i opened a can of worms.
yeah think before you speak.....nadal huh

DX_Psycho
05-16-2006, 12:15 AM
actually, a can of worms is somethign that seems harmless but escalates into something larger, so you can't really think before you open it.

ramseszerg
05-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Hey Dude (elvin I think?). When I first read this thread I chuckled a lot. Okay I busted out laughing. Then I felt a little sorry for you. Maybe you deserve it because of your self proclaimed flashiness, roddickness and disrespect of the team.

If I were you, I make it my mission to get better strokes and get physically and mentally stronger (if needed, I suggest growth hormones & steriods). Work my *** off everyday, (make it like football hell week everyday this summer). By next season take over the number one spot in varsity, this might be an impossible goal but it's your solo hope for redemption.

WTF steroids? WTF?

MoneyBall
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
WTF steroids? WTF?

Look what Barry Bonds have done? By the way I was kidding. Growth hormones..maybe, the guy is 5-4.

0DegreesKelvin
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm with the rest of the team. Varsity players have it tough, I don't know why you're flaming them like this. :( This may hurt but, YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THE TOP JV PLAYERS! In terms in "flashiness," I'm sorry, but I don't see a difference between you and me. :| In addition, when it comes to serving, I'm not good, but I believe that you're relying too much on power. That's why when you were playing your match with me, most did not go in. If you ever saw our Number 1 serve, you'll know that his strokes and serves are all based on consistency, and look at how far he's gone. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't make excuses on why you lost. If you work on your strokes over the summer, I'm sure you'll get better. I worked my *** off last summer, so it hurts when you say that I/we suck. I admit, I'm not an expert, nor am I very good, but I just feel like I have to say something after your hurtful comments. If you hate me for this I'm sorry, but it just had to be said. Don't be afraid to ask others on the team for help. I needed help on my serve, therefore I asked coach, and he fixed it perfectly. Just a little advice from your fellow sucking JV player. :D

-Kelvin

infection0
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
WOW LOL I'm not even on the team anymore and I found this.
I hope you're not flashy like my crazy-arms serve was, that was gay. I still had a sucky serve when I quit.

But really the only thing you can do is quit being so arrogant and admit you suck. Even Coach can only tell you so much. You have to practice a lot and hit a lot of balls and you will get a feel for it. You're not supposed to have a lot of power and be inconsistent. You're supposed to develop weak consistent shots and learn to put more power in them. So quit killing stuff. And good luck on the team next year if they let you back on after this.

bye lolvin.

Edg3
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM

i just happen to be one of the better jv. in terms of skills and like... flashiness, i'm one of the top ones. but when it comes to mental toughness and consistency... -gulp- hehh....

as for age, im 16. heh... i'm hoping to go for varsity next year.

Hello Elvin once again AS I AM ONE OF the varsity players on your team. Let's back to earth, YOU ARE NOT one of the top JV and your actually the bottom, we're not trying to be jerks here you're just provoking us, also if our team was so bad why would we go 3-4 againist the 2nd place team in our league? It makes no sense.

Also a tennis season is just like tennis teams have good days and bad days and this was just one of our bad seasons. It's a part of the game.

-David

Woodstock_Tennis
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Ouch, that's why you don't talk shyt.

BTW, how much of a power game can you play at your size right now, maybe your team has a point, learn to be consistent. That power game will come in time, as you get older.

zsword331
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! I'M SORRY!

i just needed to vent a little bit. -_- knowing that you're sucky makes u want to think that everyone else sucks with u. seriously, i was mad about losing to daniel, and i looked on the board to gather advice.

as for that JV team sucking part... i admit thats hella messed up. ok, i seriously did. i can understand if u ppl want to talk **** about me and everything. i regret what i did, and i hope we can just be teammates about it.

and about me saying i'm top JV... to be honest, that's to exagerate a little bit... on the internet, i can feel like less of a sucky person. i guess it was a bad idea to post it here, huh?

i know u ppls are gonna be talking **** about me for a looong time now, huh? that's fine. i won't mind, especially since i deserved it after all that. (i guess that would explain all the funny looks at school.)

i'll keep my mouth shut from now on, k?

(and raymond... thx for telling me how much of an *** i am. especially after posting this on ur xanga. whew. if u had so many problems, just tell me and i'll fix it.)

talk about opening a can of worms... i'll apolgize in person to u guys. is that fine?

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Elvin im not gonna talk **** about u cuz i don't want to be on your hit list
but anyways i like ur racket. i was wondering if u were to get killed by the team can i get ur racket? oh yeah back to the serve rating, u HELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA look like Roddick and Sampras
if Roddick and Sampras had a kid together, it would be u :)

akj27
05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Lmao, owned mother******! This thread is priceless

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 03:51 PM
*cough cough

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 03:54 PM
good luck joining the team next year
my advice: badminton

snoflewis
05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Lmao, owned mother******! This thread is priceless

lol...definitely....

btw zsword, you get much more help by being honest than being a lying little terd.

zsword331
05-16-2006, 04:12 PM
i know sorry won't cut it and u will talk ****. but i'll apologize in person no matter how badly u guys look at me.

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
if ur really sorry u would give me ur racket(yonex mp5 tour) and fill up my gas tank(8 gallons)

zsword331
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
if ur really sorry u would give me ur racket(yonex mp5 tour) and fill up my gas tank(8 gallons)

xiang, i know i'm an ***... it won't stop u guys from talking **** either. -_-

jamauss
05-16-2006, 04:20 PM
geez...I think it should've said "Elfin" serve...rather then "Elvin" serve.

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 04:22 PM
dude jk i dont care it doesn't mean much to me that u said that i'll still hit with u and im not talking **** about and i won't cuz i realized something today that changed my life

zsword331
05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
dude jk i dont care it doesn't mean much to me that u said that i'll still hit with u and im not talking **** about and i won't cuz i realized something today that changed my life

and i'm guess that that fact is that i am a complete idiot/*****/cocky guy/ whatever the heck it is ya'll are saying

man, this is gonna be rough.

fallen.
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
i dont understand what this is all about...

i dont even see a video!

wafflesoverpcake
05-16-2006, 04:41 PM
elvin i dont hate u i use to but i dont now cuz when ur not a cocky or conceited ur a good guy

Custom+Hybrid
05-16-2006, 05:19 PM
AWWW
WHERE THE VIDEO????

i wanna see..... :(

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-16-2006, 05:33 PM
^ First page, newbie. Scroll down to the post near the bottom of the page. Someone quoted the link. The OP must have removed the link in his post, possibly due to embarassment.

zsword331
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
yes. sorry about that. let'sjust say i learned my lesson, k?

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
I checked out the link. The video has been removed. Must have been 'really' heartbreaking for the OP.

Rep. Timothy Calhoun
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
yes. sorry about that. let'sjust say i learned my lesson, k?:) Nobody's perfect.

Andres
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
BUUUUURRRRRRNEDDD!!!!

:mrgreen:

Custom+Hybrid
05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
hey..
u called me a newb..

(runs away and cries and then slits my wrists)

Custom+Hybrid
05-16-2006, 08:24 PM
(This video has been removed by the user)

sandiegotennisboy
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
BUUUUURRRRRRNEDDD!!!!

:mrgreen:

yeah this was so funny. he started talking smack (calling them sucky) about his teammates and they joined TTW to reply to him. i had my friends read it and it gave us a good laugh for a few minutes.

Purevoid
05-19-2006, 10:23 PM
ROFLCOPTER.... LOL...LMAO.......NT......=] i remember rallying with u over the summer... and to me u wearnt that great.
NOTE: if you wanna say your serve is like roddick and sampras you should see their serve and notice that your serve is nothing like theres. I think you said their names cause you just heard their serves were one of the greatest in history and your like " well... i think mine is pretty good so ill say its like theirs"
anyways GG lets see how you improve next year if any

- Kevin/nkid from indy hi piedmont =P

zsword331
05-20-2006, 01:52 PM
k.. i didnt say i was GOOD... and i didn't say it was COMPLETELY like theirs. i said i modeled it after them. sorry if i didnt notice it was just crap.

anyways, i apologized, and i learned my lesson. hurrah.

ill shut my mouth now.

bribeiro
05-20-2006, 01:57 PM
haha, owned

Roddick The Beast
05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Mid, he erased it cause he was too embarrassed! Haha :mrgreen:

RiosTheGenius
05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
where is the beaten video...???....I wish he hadn't delete it

RiosTheGenius
05-24-2006, 08:05 PM
this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time..... what the hell were you thinking dude??... you're a real tool and my advice is that you consider softball, sumo, or chess... those guys are cool.
but the JV team will be hell even if you make it. those guys will niggle you until the end of times... you're in a world of trouble with them.
you really earned it bud. good luck.
PS: push your parents, perhaps you can move out of state :lol:

Andres
05-24-2006, 08:19 PM
this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time..... what the hell were you thinking dude??... you're a real tool and my advice is that you consider softball, sumo, or chess... those guys are cool.
but the JV team will be hell even if you make it. those guys will niggle you until the end of times... you're in a world of trouble with them.
you really earned it bud. good luck.
PS: push your parents, perhaps you can move out of state :lol:
I know I would make this guy's life miserable, if he talked like that our MY team :)

RiosTheGenius
05-24-2006, 11:23 PM
seriously, what in the bloody hell was this tool thinking when he trashed his team-mates..... sorry , he's not in the team, so they're not technically his team-mates, my bad.