PDA

View Full Version : I Need Info on Playing Style...

Ace_Tyger
05-13-2006, 01:01 AM
HI

Well like i said:confused: I need help On knowing what are the type of playing styles like baseline Agrreser.... The reason i ask is cuz i been playing for 3 years and well i play for the passion of it, so i really never got to knowing what style are there, can u please tell me what style info on how to defin the style if am playing a person.....

Thank you in Advance
-Tyger-

wyutani
05-13-2006, 01:15 AM
got it off wikipedia, try going there mate'...;)

An aggressive baseliner tries to win the point by hitting winners from the back of the court, attacking with fast balls that the opponent cannot reach or return properly. He may not try to win the point outright with one shot, but instead may hit the ball from side to side until he spots an opening. Aggressive baseliners normally have at least one great groundstroke (often the forehand).

An aggressive baseliner can overpower and overwhelm any opposition. However, when going for winners, he can produce many errors.

Some all-time great aggressive baseliners are Bill Johnston, Ivan Lendl, Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Monica Seles and Steffi Graf. Most active players today are aggressive baseliners; a few notable ones are Marat Safin, Andy Roddick, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova and Lindsay Davenport. In regards to the "power" game, Monica Seles has often been credited as the first player to use groundstrokes to such a devastating effect.

Ace_Tyger
05-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Wow, that some good info, what about the other styles like Counter Puncher or Puncher i think it's call:confused: , an thank you for the info on baseline agreso i just finished printing it:D

wyutani
05-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Wow, that some good info, what about the other styles like Counter Puncher or Puncher i think it's call:confused: , an thank you for the info on baseline agreso i just finished printing it:D

huh? printing it? haha, dude, i cut and paste from website...

see if the link works below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_strategy

Ace_Tyger
05-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Yea it did, thanks:mrgreen: one more Q? are does 4 style the only ones or are there more

wyutani
05-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Yea it did, thanks:mrgreen: one more Q? are does 4 style the only ones or are there more

technically there are 4 main ones...but see thread below, hope it helps...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=78147

Ace_Tyger
05-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks, i can finaly do some research on my style, your a life saver:mrgreen: