PDA

View Full Version : toes!!!!!!!!!

looseswing
05-13-2006, 11:28 AM
It seems that a majority of people walk with their toes pointing outwards. I am one of the few exceptions and walk with my toes pointing inwards. People have said that it looks weird when I run because of this. Will this hurt my footwork/speed in tennis? Should I try to change the way my feet point?

wyutani
05-13-2006, 11:29 AM
It seems that a majority of people walk with their toes pointing outwards. I am one of the few exceptions and walk with my toes pointing inwards. People have said that it looks weird when I run because of this. Will this hurt my footwork/speed in tennis? Should I try to change the way my feet point?

wot? do what you can if its comfortable...anyway, do you do ballet?? :mrgreen:

theartoftennis
05-13-2006, 12:14 PM
You're pigeon toed. Shouldn't effect you at all, since you're used to it.

looseswing
05-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I used to do ballet.......... JK

But, seriously, could it have any affect on my balance or anything. I have tried walking with my feet facing outwards and have felt unbalanced.

munk3y
05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
lol, nothing wrong. Agassi is pigeon toed. You only look wierd thats all =)

topspin kid
05-13-2006, 04:08 PM
yep my bro is pigeon toed and he has a lot of speed and balance so i dont think it will affect you. but if u keep thinking about it it probably will start to

tennis_nerd22
05-13-2006, 06:44 PM

i have that problem but im working on it by always spreading out my feet an extra few bits, even in the car. it seems to work, slowly though. and im a good runner and sprinter

jeebeesus
05-13-2006, 07:05 PM
And you will never fall on your butt in the snow.

papa
05-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Probably will keep you out of the service and you might find yourself tripping more than most people. I don't think its something you can deceide to change yourself without medical intervention.

chess9
05-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Many of the world's fastest sprinters are pidgeon toed. Not to worry....

-Robert

sureshs
05-14-2006, 11:45 AM

Agassi has done quite well ...

Bungalo Bill
05-14-2006, 10:20 PM

I don't know. Has it hurt you in the past? I would consult a Doctor, Sport Medicine Doctor, or a Chiropractor for advice on how to change your feet. It might take a lot of physical therapy. I really don't know.

Kaptain Karl
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Assuming you are not describing an EXTREME condition, you actually have an advantage. As chess9 alluded to, many top athletes in their sport are both pigeon toed and bowlegged.

Way back in the late '70s there was an article about this in -- I think -- Sports Illustrated. SI found a statistical correlation between athleticism and being pigeon toed.

(Not being pigeon toed, this really troubled me ... for at least two days. Then I got over it.)

- KK

looseswing
05-23-2006, 07:07 AM
i am pretty pigeon toed but it is not crazy

oh, and i used to have leg pains when i was young, but they have gone away. i am not sure if they are connected to my toes.

kevhen
05-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, a buddy of mine in high school was pidgeon toed and he was a fast sprinter. I think it's good for acceleration to point your toes in, so it should be ok for tennis.