PDA

View Full Version : Help ON FInding Info?!?!

Ace_Tyger
05-14-2006, 06:15 PM
HI,

Well i was reading some page in a magazine about "Theory SHot in Tennis". for example, if u put enough Spin in a reverse SLice, it shall bounce back and not front.... well i just read it so i dont know if its true but i love to do research on this kinda shot its fun:mrgreen: , well i need help on finding Theory Like These, so if someone knows a good place to find some, or know of some please tell.

Thank You IN Advance,
-Tyger

katastrof
05-15-2006, 10:12 PM
You should check out the Sticky (thread on top of forum) for links you might be interested in. Tons of stuff there.

Pomeranian
05-15-2006, 11:07 PM
reverse slice???.... Anyways you don't need an extreme amount of spin to make the ball go back, I've hit drop volleys that have very little forward momentum but spin to pull it back onto my side. It's not a theory shot, it's been done. But if you mean a deep slice, it's theoretically possible, but it takes way too much head racquet speed to come close to creating that much spin on the ball. And with that much spin, I'm not sure if it could stay in the court, slice makes a ball float. Another thing to consider is a ball will start rolling a bit at around 6000+ rpm I think with topspin, not sure about slice. Better yet, what type of string are that durable? A lot of things to consider, fun to think about though.

Theory shots, if you are interested, a lot of them are in Prince of Tennis. Things not ever achieved nor I think will be but theoretically can be done.

Bungalo Bill
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
HI,

Well i was reading some page in a magazine about "Theory SHot in Tennis". for example, if u put enough Spin in a reverse SLice, it shall bounce back and not front.... well i just read it so i dont know if its true but i love to do research on this kinda shot its fun:mrgreen: , well i need help on finding Theory Like These, so if someone knows a good place to find some, or know of some please tell.

Thank You IN Advance,
-Tyger

Is there a reason why this is important to find out? Isn't it better to work on your REAL shots?

Ace_Tyger
05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Is there a reason why this is important to find out? Isn't it better to work on your REAL shots?

well cuz i love to figer out theory and i love to have fun playing tennis, cuz when i try to make a theory shot and i see that it almost came out i just start to laugh and even if i lose a friendly match i just get back to my note pad an start checking what went wrong, well yea if its a tournament or a local bet i play serious an well i forget about the shots, but for fun well am just a goof:mrgreen:

Ace_Tyger
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
reverse slice???.... Anyways you don't need an extreme amount of spin to make the ball go back, I've hit drop volleys that have very little forward momentum but spin to pull it back onto my side. It's not a theory shot, it's been done. But if you mean a deep slice, it's theoretically possible, but it takes way too much head racquet speed to come close to creating that much spin on the ball. And with that much spin, I'm not sure if it could stay in the court, slice makes a ball float. Another thing to consider is a ball will start rolling a bit at around 6000+ rpm I think with topspin, not sure about slice. Better yet, what type of string are that durable? A lot of things to consider, fun to think about though.

Theory shots, if you are interested, a lot of them are in Prince of Tennis. Things not ever achieved nor I think will be but theoretically can be done.

yea i know what u mean, o an about the Prince of tennis, yea i seen some shots that are very damn impossible...."BOOMERANG SNAKE!" how the hell do u hit a ball an make go around the poll, there is a shot in POT that my friend does an its the poll dance.... thats what he calls, it lol. he hits the ball to the POll and makes it fall in my side without a big bounce an sin I Play Agresive Baseliner i can reach :confused: thou i dont remember if the ball hits the poll.... is it out?