PDA

View Full Version : Any clay courts in Houston TX?

ATXtennisaddict
05-16-2006, 08:06 AM
me and my buddies from austin would like to go down to houston to play in a clay court.

anyone know any clay courts which you can make a reservation for a decent price, say $3.50 for 1.5 hour session or something (like regular courts).

Thanks.

oldguysrule
05-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I think the only clay courts are at westside racquet club (or tennis club). It is a private club so you will need to know a member, or be a member of a reciprocal club, or be a sweet talker. It is a nice club very close to downtown.

ATXtennisaddict
05-26-2006, 09:54 AM
I think the only clay courts are at westside racquet club (or tennis club). It is a private club so you will need to know a member, or be a member of a reciprocal club, or be a sweet talker. It is a nice club very close to downtown.

dang it

chrisplchs
05-26-2006, 10:06 AM
The woodlands have a place that hosts a junior clay court tournamet every year. I dunno much else about it, though

fallen.
05-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Copperfield racquet and health club does

i went there for a tournament and they have 2 really nice clay courts

oldguysrule
05-31-2006, 09:18 AM
I just remembered another club that has them. Can't remember the name but it is west of memorial park off of memorial drive.

KicK2DaBacK
05-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey,
I play in the junior tournaments at the clay courts in houston, so lemme fill you in...
Theres a nice place called the woodlands, pretty close around the houston area, and a country club called river oaks. they have quite a few clay courts, including the main court where Sampras and Ginepri played their exhibition match. Also, westside tennis club is known for their clay, but would probably be hard to get into.

MLoutch
06-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Westside (Memorial area) has red clay and har tru, River Oaks has red clay, Houston Racquet Club (HRC) has Har tru, Woodlands CC has Har tru - I believe Copperfield was pulling their har tru out so they might be gone. ALL are private clubs and unless you are a member FORGET about getting on.

When we were kids we used to sneak on to the courts at HRC - doubt you can do that today.
As for River Oaks if you don't drive up in at least a bimmer 740il they'll know your not a member and shot you on sight. In fact if you are driving the car yourself you couldn"t get thru the main gate.