PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 10 MP & Shoulder problems

Richard
07-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Need some help please!!

I've been playing with a stock Tour 10 MP, strung with Volkl Dura-Drive at 55lbs for the last 4 months.

I play 3-4 times per week, singles, doubles and have some coaching as well.

The last two weeks my shoulder has been hurting, particularly when serving, and it's really starting to bother me.

Any suggestions to remedy the problem? Do I need to beef my arms up or do I need to look for a new racquet before my shoulder is completely wrecked??

If I need to get another stick can anyone suggest a similar racquet to the tour 10 in terms of feel, comfort & power??

Hope you can help.

jayserinos99
07-01-2004, 01:42 PM
People have been raving about the new Vengine 10 MP, you may want to give that a go. I use the T10 MP and I only get shoulder problems when I use my racquets strung with luxilon.

NoBadMojo
07-01-2004, 02:26 PM
the t10mp dampens the shock very well. i use these strung w. gut hybrid. it isnt that easy to move on the serve as it comes stock. when i first got mine, i found myself forcing the serve a little because it isnt that quick to serve with and my serve wasnt jumping. that was a mistake...when i slowed it down and used the mass of the racquet to do the work and got really smooth and rythmic, i started getting good work on my serve again. this racquet is easy on your body..i would check your serving technique. that or perhaps change strings..i am not familiar w. dura-drive string but if a poly, i would switch to a softer string (like jayserinos sez). the t10mp is not a big serving axe unless you really have good mechanics IMO. good luck. ed

Richard
07-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.