PDA

View Full Version : LaserFibre Supreme question

fastdunn
07-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Do you guys string the Supreme with same tension you use for other multis ?

I used my usual 62/60. I felt it's right for the 1st 5 hours (of doubles matches).
Now I actually feel its string bed a bit stiffer now after 17 hours of playing !!
(compared to 1st 5 hour)
I know it's false impression because Stringmeter says tensions are
pretty much same...
I used 17 gauge by the way...

Jerry Seinfeld
07-01-2004, 06:56 PM
It depends. As you have discovered the string is slightly crisper than other multis and holds tension very well. I have been using LF strings for years, and they were the first multis I personally used so I never had to adjust tension for myself.

If my customers are using softer multis like NXT or Excel and want to try LF, I usually suggest dropping tension by approx. 5%. I used to be of the school that you only change one variable at a time, so I strung using same tension. I have found, through the years, that 5% or a pound or two tends to be where we end up. I have some customers who have ended up dropped 10 - 15% with the LF Supreme, some none. It will vary per person. Hope this helps.

kreative
07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
i really don't play w/ other multis much, but lf supreme is a pretty crisp feeling string. if you liked the softer feel more, maybe be good to drop a few pounds.