PDA

View Full Version : What overgrip?

Janne
05-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi, Ive noticed that many players use a blue/purple overgrip and I was wondering if they all use the same one, and what is it that is so special about it?

And Id also like to know where to get it, since It'd look good on a Pure Drive since the color matches pretty well :mrgreen:

this is the overgrip I mean:
http://www.as.com/diarioasmedia/diarioas/media/200504/19/masdeporte/20050419dasdasmas_2_I_LCO.jpg

oscar_2424
05-17-2006, 05:58 AM
get it here @ TW, it is called tournagrip

Freedom
05-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Yep, it's Tournagrip. It wears out pretty quickly, but it's a good grip anyway.

Janne
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Anything special about it? Since when I look at other overgrips they have like " the best sweat absorbing technology " and so on, but all it says on the tournagrip is that it's "Pete Sampras overgrip of choice" which doesnt really say anything to me :P

I know who Pete Sampras is, and I know how good he is/was but that doesnt mean that everything he uses is good for us. :/ So it would be nice knowing if it had some weird techonology or something that makes it stand out ^^

Ripper
05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Prince's No Sweat is a lot like Tournagrip, but lasts longer.

Court_Jester
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Anything special about it?
I like its "dry-to-the-touch" feeling about it. Even on very hot days and with my palms wet with perspiration, Tournagrip still feels dry hence giving me a sense of confidence that the handle will not slip or twist in my hand.

However, I have already switched to Yonex Supergrap. Not as dry or light as Tournagrip but has enough tack without feeling "sticky."

Janne
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM

Gotta love this forum! Always get the help that I need! :mrgreen:

vkartikv
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
The other thing about tournagrip is that even the XL version does not fit some handles. This has been discussed before and I speak from personal experience - it leaves a part of the original grip exposed because it's not long enough. Yonex supergrap white or wilson pro (any colour) is a good choice for most unless you have sweaty hands in which case the babolat pro team or wilson H2O works.

p0w3r
05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
The other thing about tournagrip is that even the XL version does not fit some handles. This has been discussed before and I speak from personal experience - it leaves a part of the original grip exposed because it's not long enough. Yonex supergrap white or wilson pro (any colour) is a good choice for most unless you have sweaty hands in which case the babolat pro team or wilson H2O works.

Yes, i really liked the tournagrip...but most of the time it was too short. Plus, the durability was just horrible and it felt too slippery and not tacky enough after playing with it for a short time.

I have since moved on to the wilson pro overgrip and its so much better...its tackier and remains tacky for a good ammount of time. Plus, its extremely durable.

Ripper
05-17-2006, 12:58 PM
unless you have sweaty hands in which case the babolat pro team or wilson H2O works.

Did I mention Prince No Sweat?

PS: And no, I'm not affiliated to Prince.

brucie
05-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Tournagrip and dont worry its short, H2O is an option but another fave of mine is NoSweat as recommended by RIPPER hes totally right and feel a lot better than most absorbant grips!

marcus_alsager
05-17-2006, 01:07 PM
atm i am liking head xtreme trac

vinnier6
05-18-2006, 01:53 PM
prince no sweats suck...i used tournagrips for ever and went out on a mission to find something better that would last longer...nothing is even close, the prince no sweats feel greasy after a short time....i now use wilson pro overgrips in cooler weather and tournagrips in the summer....

disney.babies
05-18-2006, 04:02 PM
is the head agassi grip lik this?? its blue..

Kabob190
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Ya the agassi grip looks exactly like tourna. At first i thought andre used tourna.

Custom+Hybrid
05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Andre does use tourna grip

tennisadict
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah after trying a tournagrip, buy a yonex supergrap....you will see the difference......yonex is better than tournagrip

brucie
05-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Andre does use tourna grip

YES TRUE! he does use tournagrip just head version of it, exactly same grip iv only used tournagrip but friend who owns a shop told me this! Is the head grip as short as tourna origional or long as XL?

jackofromalsager
05-19-2006, 06:42 AM
its a tournagrip nothing special about it just alot of people like it is dry feeling not tacky at all very absorbant good for whos peoples hands sweat quite alot(likemine:))

marcus_alsager
05-19-2006, 06:48 AM
yup i like yours jack when u have been holding it lol

Ripper
05-19-2006, 07:40 AM
prince no sweats suck...i used tournagrips for ever and went out on a mission to find something better that would last longer...nothing is even close, the prince no sweats feel greasy after a short time....i now use wilson pro overgrips in cooler weather and tournagrips in the summer....

Greasy? Could you, please, explain this to me?

Freedom
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
yup i like yours jack when u have been holding it lol

Just got a little ghey in here...;)

Lindros13
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Tournagrip is a good overgrip unless u like a tacky feel. In that case, I'd go with a prince with microfibre. Back a few years ago I used gauze for an extreme tacky feel. Maybe I'll give that another try.

metsjets
05-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Tour Na Grip! Tour Na Grip!

Custom+Hybrid
05-21-2006, 08:19 AM
YES TRUE! he does use tournagrip just head version of it, exactly same grip iv only used tournagrip but friend who owns a shop told me this! Is the head grip as short as tourna origional or long as XL?
nope

he uses the Unique Sports Tourna Grip. THey only made the agassi grip so people will think he uses it. Besides he has been using Tourna Grip his whole career and "Agassi Pro Grip" has only been around for a couple years.