PDA

View Full Version : The Skunk

LittleMAC
07-01-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm trying to find a racquet for a friend of mine. I have some ideas on what she should pick, but I wanna see what you think. She's an all court player, semi-wester grip, 18 yrs old, 5'5" but can hit a ball well. She's probably a solid 4.5 player. She currently uses the old skunk racquet with 3 inches of lead on each side of the throat. I know u are gonna ask "why does she want to switch?" First of all, the racquets are beat to death, and secondly, she has never used another racquet and doesn't know what she's missing. I've suggested looking at the Dunlop 300G, Volkl Quantum 10, Babolat Pure Control Zylong 360. What are some suggestions u have and why. What would she gain from going to a different racquet. I'm asking all this because I really don't know much about the 6.2 except that when I hit with it, it felt soo head heavy, harder to swing, and stiff. Help me out guys!

Thanks in Adv.

MAC

da
07-02-2004, 05:41 AM
If she wants something similar to the original Hammer 6.2 mp, I think the closest racquet out there is the Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 mp. The Wilson H6 mp is also similar, but it has a much stiffer composition.